Hi Guys

Wanted to know the following:

1.Whats the glide ratio of the 680
2.Assymetric flying characteristics during a simulated Single Engine failure

Cheers

Indfly

His dudeness
4th Aug 2007, 18:23
just completed the typerating course, havenīt flown the real thing yet...so it is "sim experience only"
1) no idea, is not part of the TR. Out of curiosity: why do you need to know?
2) absolutely easy (in the sim) shove some rudder in, thats it. Rudder bias aids. Uncommanded T/R deployment is a non event. Above 170 -180 KIAS you hardly realize it is SE. The rudder is HUGE.
Loads of power. Very heavy in the ailerons, needs a lot of effort to bank it. Huge pitch changes with power changes. Stab trim is to slow IMO. But all in all an easy flier.
The instructors nicknamed it "dancing with a big girl" - which describes it very well IMO. You have to shove her in the right direction.
Systems are easy and straightforward. EPIC compared to the Proline 21 - I better spare the expression, I was disappointed to say the least.
Can tell you more in about 20 days, when we take delivery. (but sure hope not about item1...)

G-SPOTs Lost
5th Aug 2007, 21:22
The instructors nicknamed it "dancing with a big girl"
That'll be Charlie Allen then ;)

V1/VR always very close so no real drama with V1 cuts, very overpowered aircraft, not as nice to fly as the 500's or XL .Awful to fly in X wind and below 1000ft but very capable brakes and awesome field performance

Control forces very light in the aircraft compared to sim this is due to the sim having control loading hydraulics hanging of them and the aircraft having a aileron ratio changer around 200KIAS

Single Engine approaches always flown/landed with Flap 15 with a small increase in Vref so therefore lots of perf on OEI go around

NZ X man
6th Aug 2007, 10:19
I put 400 hours on the aircraft, glide ratio, no idea, single engine, really easy, apparently accourding to the NetJets USA group,the rudder bias really works great, not like the simulator, where they want you to feed rudder in. Very forgiving aircraft, lots of thrust, good wing.
Enjoy.:)