PDA

View Full Version : harvards in sa

meslag
9th Nov 2000, 22:04
Have heard that there is Harvard flying to be had down in south Africa. Anybody got any details, prices etc and more important any experiences with them. Cheers.

nugpot
10th Nov 2000, 00:27
There are 9 Harvards operated by the Harvard Club of SA. One is based in Stellenbosch near Cape Town, one will soon be based at Virginia near Durban and the others are in Gauteng (near Johannesburg).

Flips are available. When you join the Harvard Club, you get a 15 minute flight for free. You can choose whether you want to do aerobatics or just go for a flight.

There are also quite a few private Harvards in he country, but I cannot help you with those.

If you want to organise some flying, email me and I will help you. We also use a five ship formation to skytype ads for private companies.

wheels up
10th Nov 2000, 13:33
Gotta do it - what a blast. Flew the Harvard with the Harvard club a couple of years ago at a show at Pietersburg. At the time it cost R300 (about 30 pounds) for a 15 min flip although I am sure that it will be quite a bit more than that now. I asked the pilot if I could pay a bit more for a longer flight and do some aerobatics which was awesome. Also got to pole the plane myself a bit since the pilot had an instructors rating. Also get a certificate after the flight.

Where else in the world do you fly a Harvard for what it costs to fly a 172 in the UK??