PDA

View Full Version : Any information on Capetown a/c rental.

Homepage
2nd Feb 2001, 09:08
Looking for any local knowledge on a/c rental there. I'm spending a few summer months there this year(in Clifton), and want the gen from anyone in the know.

I'd particularly like to hear about any Beech Duchess, or similar available in the neighbourhood.

I've visited quite a few web sites looking for info., but the web -in all its glory- can,at times, be reluctant to give you what you need.

Many thanks.

(My e-mail is: [email protected] )

The Guvnor
4th Feb 2001, 04:53
Try Stellenbosch Flying Club ... they (or the members) may have something appropriate.

BEECH
4th Feb 2001, 12:42
There are two flying clubs based at Cape Town International Airport.
1. Cape Aero Club
2. Good Hope Flying Club
They should be able to steer you in the right direction. Unfortunately I don't have any contact details.

nugpot
4th Feb 2001, 22:59
No Duchess in Cape Town that I am aware of. There might be a Beech Travel Air (BE95) available through Cape Aero club (+27 21 934 0234). Flying from Cape Town International is a frustrating experience though, you will spend at least 20 mins from start to take-off with the hobbs running. Stellenbosch flying club (+27 21 880 0294) might be a better bet, but there are no twins available there that I know of.

Good luck.

If you are keen on some Harvard aerobatics, contact Kevin Bell (+27 82 826 0885) or me (+27 82 785 8797). We operate from Stellenbosch.