PDA

View Full Version : Indigo CAE/Denver tech interview

Panther06
3rd Aug 2007, 16:53
Anyone have info on CAE/Denver tech interview for Indigo? Would like to brush up before interview next week.

thanks

Albotross
8th Aug 2007, 15:14
Ifly Indigo.....?

What type message are you writing back to the guy....He is asking you for info Indigo...you keep telling everyone NEGATIVE remarks...and if you dont like India or Indigo get your sorry ass out of there friend...so the rest of us can get things done.

Panther06
9th Aug 2007, 14:52
Good reply Albatross,

I just disregard immature comments on this board that are non constructive. Finished the Interviews and exams yesterday at CAE Denver and take my sim evaluation in about an hour. Written exam, 50 questions, mostly from FAR Part 121 and the AIM which I last looked at about 30 years ago.

Orag exam by two CAE instructors who are also Frontier A320 pilots. Very nice guys, relaxed atmosphere. 5 questions fairly simple in nature about segments of the approach, do an approach plate briefing, etc. Anyone wants more info I will reply to posts.

Ivan

Albotross
9th Aug 2007, 17:36
Have you tried Air Deccan? Do you know anything about them? When are you looking to go over if everything goes well buddy..SAM

Viliamu
11th Aug 2007, 01:19
Panther,

Look forward to hearing the outcome of your pursuits. Of late, I've been looking more closely at India myself. Albotross has been most helpful, by the way :ok:

By the way, how long have you been in CLT? I just moved away from there a couple of years back; flew C-130s out of the ANG unit there.

Viliamu

Panther06
13th Aug 2007, 00:05
Sim check was all raw data. Little bit unusual but they are checking for basic piloting skills. T/O with Flt dir and then on climb out turned all the automation off to include auto thrust. Steep turns followed by raw data, non auto thrust climbs at a required climb rate (i.e. 500 fpm/1000fmp) followed by direct to an NDB (I didn'd know they still existed) followed by tracking the 260 bearing outbound from the NDB. Then a heading to intercept a radial ( raw data) followed by a raw data ILS approach to a landing. Then my FO (Dash-8 pilot from the islands) flew the next leg and did an excellent job especially since he had never been the in the Airbus. Couple real nice guys at CAE (both Frontier Airbus guys). All in all, positive experience. Day one included a 50 question FAR 121/AIM test basic stuff which I remembered very little of. Oral exam by instructors basic questions about approach segments/approach briefing total of 5 questions.

Panther06
13th Aug 2007, 20:29
I've been in Charlotte 30 years. retired from the North Carolina Army Guard (helos). 22 years US Airways

Vili68
17th Aug 2007, 03:38
Panther,

Sorry to hear you endured US Airways that long. Most of the folks I know there have had a very difficult time over the past five to ten years. Perhaps your experience was not so painful?

Best wishes overseas. Your counsel is always welcome!

Vili

Panther06
17th Aug 2007, 14:06
Condolences accepted. It has been beyond difficult. I have a saying about working at US Airways. Never say "at least it can't get any worse". At US Airways not only can it get worse, it will get worse. Bunch of great front line employees (not management) have been holding the operation together for 20 years under the most adverse circumstances.