PDA

View Full Version : RETURN TO AFRICA

ZAZOO
6th Nov 2000, 10:07
Is there any chance for me to get a job in africa.
I have an FAA commercial license with 60hrs multi, and would like to come and fly for an operator.
I have lived in Africa for about eighteen years with my parents before I left to get
my license in the U.S. and have since not returned, I really dont know much about the aviation community there and would really appreciate some help with some addresses to
contact and places to go.
I speak English, French and Italian fluently
and can get by with a few African linguas.
Any information would really help.
ZAZOO
P.S. Would a Caravan/DHC-6 Rating help!

Shaker One
8th Nov 2000, 06:52
Having spent so much time in Africa, I'm sure you'll agree that in the most part, anything there is seldom pre-planned. As has been the advise on this forum for so many others, you'll need to buy an airline ticket and go door knocking.

My experience is primarily Kenya, where your door knocking should take place either at Wilson Airport, Nairobi or Mombasa on the coast. Dar es salaam may also be worth a go. If you have enough cash to last a good few months and are respectful yet persistant, you may be in with a chance. Your languages and previous experience will be to your benefit. Where were you brought up? Can you not return there and find something?
Yes a Twotter or Caravan type may help - possibly more the Twotter for some right seat work perhaps. Depend on how many $ you have - don't spend your last dime on these.

Best of luck.
S1

ZAZOO
11th Nov 2000, 17:51
Thanks Shaker One,

Grew up in Ghana, Nigeria and the Camerouns.
I am a bit disappointed by the response I have had regarding my request, It looks like things must be quiet around the continent.
I intend to try out these countries you have mentioned in march 2001 and plan to stay for
a month knocking on doors.
What aircraft type would you recommend.

regards
Zazoo

Bushmeat
12th Nov 2000, 22:31
ZAZOO,

Do you have twotter time or are you planning on getting one done.
Send me your cv by e-mail, and what kind of experience do you have, also would you need a work permit or have you got any citizenship with any of those countries you have mentioned.

Bushmeat

Boss Raptor
13th Nov 2000, 18:13
ZAZOO, check your e-mail (address as on your profile)

Just a few thoughts for you to consider...

DeltaTango
18th Nov 2000, 02:06
Hey Boss raptor...Could find a minute to send some advice my way ass well since I am pretty much in zazoo's position?!?!?

Cheers

DT

Woodpidgeon
19th Nov 2000, 21:37
Boss Raptor,

I too intend 'doorknocking' in the New Year, and would appreciate some answers if you would be so kind. If you could Email me so we could have a chat i would very much appreciate it.