PDA

View Full Version : CHC Touring First Officers

Canuck Guy
3rd Aug 2007, 02:37
The other day I saw CHC is advertising for touring FO positions. Though I'm still short of the 1000 hours asked for, after sending Susan an email she wants to meet with me for an interview. Very exciting!

So should I eventually get cleared for hire, where might a S76 guy expect to be shipped of too? Any advice or thoughts for a guy looking at CHC as a First Officer?

Thanks a bunch.

CG

Super 61
3rd Aug 2007, 02:58
Nigeria

Most FO positions in other countries (Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar etc) are filled by nationals. Or you may get lucky and end up in another West African nation. Either way you'll be busy. One piece of advice, based on your hours, consider joining Helijet or one of the other Air Ambulance operators to get some solid IFR time before heading for the tropics.

Canuck Guy
3rd Aug 2007, 04:11
I was under the impression that their contract in Nigeria only allowed for nationals as FO's? Maybe just wishfull thinking?

Racked up about 50 hours IMC in the S76 too. Probably the only reason Susan wants to chat. More is always a good thing though for sure.

Thanks for the advice Super 61.

You or anyone else got more? I'm all ears!

Vertolot
3rd Aug 2007, 06:33
If I should have a choise I should go for Malaysia. Itīs a very nice Asian country where itsī relatively easy to work and live in even if you are a "western guy"!

There of course is a little bit of different between West Malaysia and Borneo thou:cool:

Good luck with your job interview!