PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air Ahlan wa Sahlan List

NO FD NO SRS
2nd Aug 2007, 22:17
The rumour of new pakage is very strong. So those of you thinking of leaving or already handed over your resignation, its time to reconsider. I am in again (for the time being).

AHLAN WA SAHLAN :)

SCATANA
3rd Aug 2007, 01:19
I've heard that too.

Apparently just 2 days before the Emirates road show in Bahrain, A/HOFO told some pilots to spread the word that a pay-rise of 300BD to 500BD will be announced in one or two week.

Whether true or just another delay tactic I don't know. This is welcome news since I haven't submitted my resignation........yet.

SCATANA
3rd Aug 2007, 01:23
Personally I think they'll keep giving a 200BD pay-rise every two months until they see the resignations stopped.

For them, that will be the salary sweet-spot.

Sal-e
3rd Aug 2007, 02:46
Count me in on that, payrise or not.

Propellor
3rd Aug 2007, 06:45
The biggest improvement in the working environment shall be very soon, when the CP330/340 makes an exit.
;)

Stratosphere6000
3rd Aug 2007, 07:05
The rumour of new pakage is very strong. So those of you thinking of leaving or already handed over your resignation, its time to reconsider. I am in again (for the time being).

AHLAN WA SAHLAN

Yeah unfortunately for the majority it's just not all about the money anymore. Especially FO's who are relatively experienced ....

Trader
3rd Aug 2007, 17:16
The problem is the belief that people are leaving due to pay and pay only. Deal with the corruption, especially in rostering, get a planning system that doesn't let the corruption happen, deal with areas like staff travel (back to its old ways), HR and most importantly provide some STABILITY and peoplw will stay.

The stability part is the big one - the reason I am leaving - and is not one resolved quickly. To be blunt I do NOT trust the BOD or government and so, for me, the risk in staying is TOO high.

Just my opinion.

Stratosphere6000
3rd Aug 2007, 17:22
Spot on Trader...however I don't think you're the pioneer. I think you'll find most guys are leaving for similar reasons.

Trader
3rd Aug 2007, 17:44
Strat - that is what I meant - they guys are leaving and a payrise alone likely will not stem the flow. Pay is down the list a few spots for most.

Chuck Y
4th Aug 2007, 07:36
Trader & Strat, I whole heartedly agree with you. As a local, I myself am worried about the future here & throwing a few dinars at us wiln not change that. Unless we see some kind of planning for the future i.e. A/c orders then why should we put our faith & futures in a company whose owners refuse to committ to GFs future. The board fail to realise that nobody wants to join GF so when the current GF pilots leave who do they think that that will get to come & work here? If I was thinking of coming to the GCC, Bah & GF would be on the bottom of my list.

chrispatrickGA
4th Aug 2007, 13:53
Apparently Gf seems to pay the cruel price of a lack of decisionmaking when it was still time to order some aircrafts.
Now the battle is rude to get some of them if you are not in the queue list of AIRBUS or BOEING you may get in problems to get some new ones, the lease would be then the unique solution but in the domain the market is quite tough as well.
All warnings are now red, and the boardmembers are waiting for a saver , the one who could have enough relationships to make a wonder...
Nowadays wonders don' t happen in GF...
What ever you can say guys , without new plan , a real strategy, new planes and a lot but a lot of money , GF won' t prevent pilots or cabin crew from running away ... :uhoh: