PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Jobs

RSV
29th Jan 2001, 11:27
Anyone interested in instructing in Namibia? Great country and a good place to start if you are interested in Africa.

Tempo
31st Jan 2001, 01:23
RSV,

What qualifications/experience is required? Will the company help with work visa and licence conversion etc. Full/part time?
Currently instructing in Oz therefore only hold Australian qualifications.

Cheers

RSV
31st Jan 2001, 12:59
In a word Yes.
No one really wants to instruct, so there is a shortage of instructors here. What is your present situation with hours and pay, and prospects and why do you want to move?

skyvan
31st Jan 2001, 22:33
I know a Kenyan, with an SA com, and Grade3 instructor rating, about 400hrsTT, about 120hrs instruction, looking for work. Would you be interested? He would be available on about 10days notice.
Regards,
Skyvan

GRpr
2nd Feb 2001, 22:28
RV, I am currently trying to obtain a SA Work Permit for a flight instructor job I have been offered. However, as a foreign national, United Kingdom, the outcome is far from certain.

If this comes to nought, would there be any opportunities with you. I only have about 260 hrs, but have a full SA Commercial Licence, and Twin/IRatings, as well as a Grade 3 Instructor's rating.

However, I do have other skills - as well as rather long teeth!!

Joao Amil
3rd Feb 2001, 09:08
RSV,

I am Portuguese and I'm attending Flight Instructor course at the moment. I should have 260hrs TT by the time I finish it (March 2000). I do have multi and IR and great will to work in Africa. It is impossible to find a job as a pilot in Portugal at the moment. Besides, I think that flying in Africa is a unique experience, since most of my instructors have flown there, and I heard many stories about it. Could you please send more details?

Thanks.

RSV
4th Feb 2001, 17:24
If there's anyone seriously interested email me directly with brief details, work permits are alot easier here than in SA (for instructors).
multi time a bonus and IF rating is a must unless you want to start it from here immediately.
[email protected]
but don't junk up my email