PDA

View Full Version : Met + Notams on Mobile Phone?

control snatch
2nd Aug 2007, 13:10
Does anyone know of a way to view met and notams on a mobile phone. I can access the BoM site and get TAFs/TTFs/ARFORs but I cant seem to get them from Airservices website.

Has anybody been able to get around this problem??

ForkTailedDrKiller
2nd Aug 2007, 13:18
Snatch

Don't know why you are having trouble with this.

If you can get BoM, you should be able to fire up NAIPS and get the info you want - I can!

Dr :cool:

morno
2nd Aug 2007, 13:37
Dr, for some reason the Airservices website isn't the most friendly for internet capable mobiles. You can enter what you want, but press submit and it won't do anything! (on mine at least)

Maybe this is something that everyone should bring up at their website designing seminar's, ;).

morno

MikeJulietHotel
2nd Aug 2007, 21:45
I use an Ericsson K800i and can access NAIPS online. It is a PITA with a small screen and crook navigation but it works if there's nothing else.

Regards

Mike

control snatch
6th Aug 2007, 13:01
Morno

I have exactly the same problem. Shame though, would be good to be able to submit a quick flight plan from the old mobile phone.

Lasiorhinus
9th Aug 2007, 15:58
Submit a flight plan from a mobile phone? Forget stuffing around with internet browsers on little phones....

Call the Briefing Office on 07 3866 3517, tell the nice Briefing Officer where you are going, and you're done! :ok:

cloudhigh
7th Sep 2007, 07:30
Be pretty cool getting a METAR texted to you eh lol