PDA

View Full Version : Who's who?

nugpot
4th Nov 2000, 23:50
I am getting quite irritated by people using this forum just to bash others. If you have nothing constructive or informative to contribute, don't post. If you have a personal score to settle, do it via email.

An example is "who?". After registering his identity in September he has had the following to say:

Topic: Flying in Angola posted 02 November 2000 21:33
Please tell us all about your experiences flying into Angola in 1999 Guv.

Topic: CL44 jobs posted 01 November 2000 07:16
Oh yeah more of your nonsense Guv. There is only one operating CL44D and yes itīs in Kinshasa. Unfortunately Guvnor itīs got nothing to do with you.

Topic: African (disa)Star back on again? posted 02 November 2000 21:38
Oh dear, the old double standard comes out again Guvnor.
With one breath itīs "trust me Iīm starting an airline", and with another itīs "these guys canīt be believed".

Topic: You don't want to do that posted 28 October 2000 21:16
When did you see that Guv? When you were a pilot on B707's? Ha ha ha

Topic: Nigerian Scams... posted 29 September 2000 01:56
Itīs getting quite easy to spot the alteregos here. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) Notice how the Celtic thread got pulled when one of The Guvīs ex-partners started exposing the Guvīs lies.

Topic: Results ATP-scam investigation posted 09 October 2000 19:37
Please Guv, you're a self-confessed forged licence holder, and spurious claimant to being a professional pilot. Why call for justice for others when you admit to the same acts?

Give it up man. If you don't like the Guv, tough. We're not interested.

B Sousa
5th Nov 2000, 03:46
Same thing happened on "Just Helicopters.com" so much so that the owner shut the forum down. However I always say your delete button should work good.......
Relax, have a Castles and skip over the bickering. Its a forum, a place to stand on the soapbox and make an idiot of ones self. I do it all the time, ask my ex-wife.......

The Unteleported Man
5th Nov 2000, 14:59
It's difficult but you've gotta learn to self-censor. There will always be noise on a forum like this; read past it.

If you're want to see if someone's got something useful to say then click on http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/profile.gif and then choose Search: All posts by this registered user. (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/search.cgi?action=simplesearch&ForumChoice=ALL&ExactName=yes&SearchUser=Who|QUS|)

You can pretty soon see if someone's got something legit to say or if it's SOS.

Sid Viscous
5th Nov 2000, 19:35
In the case of Who? (aka Freeboot, Freenum, Was That For Us? etc) its same ol' ****. Every time one of his IDs gets banned, up he pops again. Talk about cyber-stalking! :)

Boss Raptor
5th Nov 2000, 19:51
Agree totally...this is just malicious misuse of this forum to fuel some unidentified, possibly perverse vendetta complex!

The very username 'Who?' indicates that whoever this really is does not appear to have the courage to identify themselves to The Guvnor when making these comments, although I would expect they know each other?

This forum is a goldmine of information, ideas, commonsense and reason...and should not be allowed to be hijacked for blatent, petty antagonism of this nature...

Whenwe
6th Nov 2000, 22:21
Yeah I am getting a bit tired of this aswell.
I rather enjoy The Guvnor's and Whiz's input into the Africa Forum.
I have been around Southern Africa long enough to recognize that there is an element of truth in their revelations.
Keep it coming Guv and Whiz

WW

Boss Raptor
7th Nov 2000, 16:18
After all it is only the continued exposure of these 'antics' that will lead to the individuals concerned and their practices being eradicated...with African Aviation then being given a fair go...

[This message has been edited by Boss Raptor (edited 07 November 2000).]

PPRuNe Towers
7th Nov 2000, 18:19
Excellent response folks. Thought 'The Unteleported Man' summed it up most wisely.

Maintaining the signal to noise ratio takes an awful lot of our time but it's worth it.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]