PDA

View Full Version : Tiger - what gives?

B A Lert
2nd Aug 2007, 04:30
Just had a look at Tiger web-site. They are using code "TTnnn" within Australia but "TRnnn" on their International flights. Why on earth would they be doing this?

lowerlobe
2nd Aug 2007, 04:46
From BALERT

Just had a look at Tiger web-site. They are using code "TTnnn" within Australia but "TRnnn" on their International flights. Why on earth would they be doing this?

Just a wild guess BA but I would guess they are attempting to differentiate between internal and international flights.

To some people BA these aircraft all look the same.

Maybe to stop simple people like someone we know from attempting to catch the wrong flight.....

smiling monkey
2nd Aug 2007, 05:47
So I gather their Oz based aircraft would be VH registered and SIN based aircraft 9V. Would this mean only CASA licensed holders can fly the VH registered aircraft and not the 9V and vice-versa?

MelbPilot85
2nd Aug 2007, 05:54
For the same reason Jetstar Oz is JQ and Jetstar Asia is 3K. Although they are branded the same to the public, they operate under different regulations and as previously stated one will have the VH- the other 9V-.
Clear as mud.

'aveagoodknight
2nd Aug 2007, 10:13
where does JQ57/58 fit in that theory?

ebt
2nd Aug 2007, 10:38
JQ 57/58 are operated by 3K as a wet-lease on behalf of JQ. It is JQ's rights and they are charged on an ACMI basis for the service. That's how that one fits.

Don Esson
2nd Aug 2007, 10:41
where does JQ57/58 fit in that theory?

It doesn't. Jet* Asia operate these flights as a wet lease to their Australian "branch". Hence the use of JQ designator rather than 3K.

For the same reason Jetstar Oz is JQ and Jetstar Asia is 3K

Not logical as Jet* Asia was created long before the Australian based Jet*. Jet* Asia were assigned a commercially unattractive alhpa-numreic designator 3K and my guess is that when the Oz lot started they tried for a conventional alpha-beta type designator and were successful.

TMAK
2nd Aug 2007, 11:22
It appears the lease will be up in Feb, with JQ (Oz) aircraft to be operating the route. Thus allowing Jetstar to carry pax CNS-DRW

Also JQ was actually set up May04 and Jetstar Asia only 6 months or so later and not prior.

Cheers

MelbPilot85
2nd Aug 2007, 15:29
Not logical as Jet* Asia was created long before the Australian based Jet*
I think you will find that JQ kicked off about 6 months or so before 3K...
I know the info on Wikipedia can be inaccurate at times, but I think they got it right on this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetstar_Asia) and this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetstar_Airways)... Happy for you to prove me wrong though.

lowerlobe
2nd Aug 2007, 21:01
Quote from Don Esson...

Not logical as Jet* Asia was created long before the Australian based Jet*

TMAK and Melpilot85 are right,Sorry Don ,but if you check the jetstar website it tells you that J* Asia started 6 months after.