PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable hours before integrated CPL course?

DownwindToBounce
1st Aug 2007, 22:05
Lucky me, I'm finally in a position to embark on an integrated CPL course in Australia, however I have a question about my past catching up with me...

The training organisation advises strongly against doing any training before the course as this may jeopardise my eligibility for doing an integrated 150hr course rather than 200hrs. Fair enough.

My question is that I've done about 3 hours of duel powered flying (Air Experience flying) with the Air Training Corps about 10 years ago.(Chipmunks and Bulldogs, those were the days :)) (also: this was done with an instructor, so I'm within my rights to carry these hours forward into my brand new logbook aren't I?)

On gliders I've got a few hours duel and a modest five minutes solo (one circuit-all you were allowed at the end of the course in them days).

Does anyone know if this will work against me and I will be doomed to the 200 hour route?!

Cheers :ok:

AlphaMale
1st Aug 2007, 22:57
You should be fine. I have clocked up just under 5hrs through the ATC and when I asked a few schools they said I'd e fine.

The worry they have is having a student who has gained 20hrs of flying toward his PPL with a bad instuctor picking up bad habbits along the way. This will make is harder for the new school to teach you the 'right way'. :\

Check with the school before hand but a couple of flights in a Chippie isn't going to effect it ... Good fun though weren't they ;)

DownwindToBounce
1st Aug 2007, 23:12
Thanks Alpha, that's good to know
Yeah I met someone the other day who flies a Seafire but still loves comin back to fly his own dear Chippie.

Ta very much

whiskey1
2nd Aug 2007, 04:40
You can start a JAA Integrated Course with a PPL. You can get credits of up to 45 hours with a PPL and Night Rating.

W1

AlphaMale
2nd Aug 2007, 09:41
You can start a JAA Integrated Course with a PPL

Depending on which FTO you choose.