PDA

View Full Version : Anton Richman must go!!

The Ant
20th Jan 2001, 17:34
I am sure everyone is aware of pilot the unhappiness at SAA with management. The press has covered it all. SAAPA are gathering to decide on their collective action on the afternoon of the 23rd of January, at the blockhouse premises in Kempton Park at 15h00.
Anton Richman has called a meeting of all the pilots that morning, obviously to try and diffuse this issue. (I believe this is the very first meeting he has called, and the first one by Coleman in a long, long time).
The pilot's at SAA feel that this meeting must be boycotted. Please pass this on.
It is the only way that management will fully understand the discontent that Anton has caused with his incompetence and lack of management skill. His following of his own agenda and poor support for the pilot's has finally driven even the most unassuming pilot's at SAA into action.
Anton must resign, this is the only solution.

The Guvnor
21st Jan 2001, 17:09
So I take it Anton is held in as high regard as Mickey Mitchell was, then? :) :) :)

Where does SAA management find them?

The Ant
22nd Jan 2001, 16:55
It seems that Coleman has purposefully put somebody weak, like Anton Richman, in the position of V.P. Flight Ops. This allows him to do as he pleases with the aircrew.
His meeting tomorrow morning is such an obvious attempt to hi-jack the afternoon's meeting that he has actually made an even bigger fool of himself.

Roundout
9th Mar 2001, 02:37
So Ant - you got your way - are you applying for the job?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Anton Richman, will be moving across to the Legal department in three months time. From Monday 12th, Mr. Johan van Jaarsveld will temporarily move to flight Operations for the next three months to assist in identifying and fixing all the outstanding issues. He will be focussing on sorting out the administration, rostering and scheduling and ensuring that our agreements are honoured. Other management changes may take place after all the problems have been identified.

During this three month period a new Vice President Flight Operations will be selected. Applicants will be considered from both within and outside SAA.</font>

The Unteleported Man
9th Mar 2001, 12:17
Do you mind identifing your source Roundout? Internal SAA pub?

------------------
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.

[This message has been edited by The Unteleported Man (edited 09 March 2001).]

The Ant
10th Mar 2001, 17:08
'Roundout's quote comes from an internal SAA bulletin. Anton himself has also e-mailed the SAA pilot body directly of his change in status.
The problem now is that flight ops sits with a potential disaster from the decisions made by Anton and Coleman. Coleman has seen the writing on the wall, and is making his exit while the going was still good.

The Claw
15th Mar 2001, 21:39
First Andre Viljoen and then Johan
van Jaarsveld? Very interesting.......
One see's a cosy pattern building?

MileHi
19th Mar 2001, 14:49
I see only one solution... The writing has been on the wall for a long time, April 1994 if I remember correctly, what are some of the best operators around still doing at SAA?

COME TO EMIRATES!! :)