PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait for a TR course date ?

buzzc152
1st Aug 2007, 12:21
I was offered a job with a UK biz jet outfit about 6 weeks ago. Since then I've heard nothing except to say that they are having trouble getting a date for a type rating course.

Does it normally take so long to get a TR course booked or are they stalling for some reason ?

Probably being paranoid, I know.

SmilingKnifed
1st Aug 2007, 13:10
Uh oh! What's the company name?:eek:

INSIDEVIEW
1st Aug 2007, 13:21
Well i got hired also by a BiZ Jet operator (Bigger One) i'm on in 4 weeks ...depends where u go ..i need to go to Dallas CAE to do the rating so beforehand lots of paperwork...also the Slots are quite booked there...

may i recommend to call em and tell wahts up ..in my case i signed the Training Contract already ,so get up the sofa and ask em ...

Cheers

international hog driver
2nd Aug 2007, 08:50
Courses can be hard to get.....

I was meant to go for a Sovereign course and got a date 6 weeks from start only because of a cancellation, otherwise it would have been 3 months.

As it happened I did not do the course anyway!

Right now I am told that Gulfstream "planeview" and Falcon "easy" slots can be difficult, luckily our mob are all in house.:{:E

Just be patient grasshopper;)

theWings
8th Aug 2007, 16:59
Don't be shy! Ask! They are now your employers and shouldn't mind putting you in the picture.

buzzc152
7th Sep 2007, 07:20
Just to bring this story to an end, after 3 months and being kept dangling, I get a phone call yesterday to say 'sorry, the company has stopped trading'. :*
Bah humbug.

Probably a blessing in disguise, but still very annoying.

Back to the drawing board then. (Anyone want to offer a biz jet job to a relatively low houred - 1300tt - , relatively nice guy like me ? :rolleyes:)

Arfur Feck-Sake
7th Sep 2007, 10:01
Commiserations from one who has also been dangled and dropped. The in-between time is dreadful.......life on hold just waiting for the call to confirm a start date. Don't we just love this industry.