PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get international experience?

ToiletDucky
1st Aug 2007, 05:16
I'm currently flying a regional jet. I enjoy my job but would like to get more experience flying internationally. IE US-Europe or Africa etc. Any suggestions?

Engineer
1st Aug 2007, 12:15
You could try applying here (http://www.oceanairlines.com/pagine_1.php?id=54) :)
But you will need a minimum of 2000 hours :=

CR2
1st Aug 2007, 12:36
Assuming your are an American, you could try Atlas or Southern, perhaps Kalitta or Focus.

ToiletDucky
1st Aug 2007, 17:02
thank you for the responses. Keep em coming. I have over 2000hrs. Thanks for the info!

BelArgUSA
2nd Aug 2007, 12:38
Hola from Argentina...
xxx
Essentially, as I teach it in classrooms, the world is divided in 3 parts as far as general procedures are concerned... USA/Canada makes one area, with their slight differences as far as ATC, the CIS/China part of the world, with metric airspace makes the second area for procedures, then the rest of the world, Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and Australia/Pacific, making the area were somewhat "straight" ICAO procedures are observed...
xxx
The airlines mentioned above could provide you with that experience, in addition look at Air Atlanta Iceland. They hire crews from all over the world. If you want to fly internationally, also consider studying oceanic procedures, and the use of HF radios...
xxx
And realise that while English is supposedly the ICAO language, it is spoken quite differently in other parts of the world, and sometimes of very limited use.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

ToiletDucky
2nd Aug 2007, 16:43
Excellent info!!!

Flying Mechanic
6th Aug 2007, 13:02
try EVA AIR if u want international expereince. If u have regional jet time u will get a slot on the MD11/777/747 easily.