PDA

View Full Version : MCC question

Tomasz
31st Jul 2007, 18:20
I'm just finishing my JAA conversion so when I'm done will will have my CPL multi-engine IR, I want to do the MCC in norway ant NEAR on the kingair 200 sim, my question is does it matter where you do the MCC course? Sorry for the supid question?

fullrich
31st Jul 2007, 19:24
If you want to fly jets some time in the future then I suggest you do your MCC on a jet. Ask anyone that did there mcc in Parc aviation and then went for a sim check and they will mostly agree. It is important not to try and save a couple of thousand at the last hurdle as it may cost you more in the long run. IMO

november.sierra
1st Aug 2007, 16:38
I can only agree with the above post! Yes, the MCC is a tick in a box, but there's a lot to be said for doing it on a full motion jet sim. You're doing yourself no favours saving a few quid to do it on an FNPT 2 and then getting caught out by a jet in a sim assessment where you only get one chance to get it right.

I can't recommend the Parc MCC course highly enough, the way it's being taught is great preparation for a sim check, not to mention the close links with airlines that the company has...

Parkbremse
1st Aug 2007, 16:45
i would rather take the cheaper offer (ie B200 Sim) and spend the the money you have saved on a good simulator screening preparation... The type you fly during the MCC Course is really not that important. Ok, doing your MCC in a Full Flight Jet Sim is great fun and might give you an advantage if you have a screening shortly afterwards, however a good airline specific screening preparation will give you the same advantage for less money.

Tomasz
1st Aug 2007, 21:07
The reason I want to do the MCC on a prop is because I really want to work in my home country Poland, and I now that I won't be flying jets right away but propjet and then move up to the jet. NEAR has the best price being 20350 NOK, which is about 1700 pounds, the thing is does it matter which country you do the MCC whether its jet or prop, as long as the MCC is under the JAA regulations.

november.sierra
1st Aug 2007, 22:45
Parkbremse you obviously didn't do your MCC at Parc, because else you would know that what they do is essentially combining an MCC course with a JOT course, and it is the hands on flying that will make you pass a sim check. A sim check for cadets won't be anything highly complex, just to test your basic IR flying skills and CRM, for which, if a proper MCC is done, there is no need to do additional preparation.

Parkbremse
3rd Aug 2007, 16:13
correct, i did my MCC on a B200 and still managed to pass two extensive airline screenings (one 1.5 hours, the other more than 2 h) on the B737... with a good preparation however. In total, i still spend less money than some colleagues who did their MCC on a full motion jet simulator.

I'm sure Parc is doing a good course and if you have the money, thats fine... The point i'm trying to make that there are other ways to get the same result and which can cost you significantly less...