PDA

View Full Version : Job with a Fresh JAA CPL and MEIR?

G-HALE
31st Jul 2007, 11:13
How hard would one find it to get a Job with a fresh JAA CPL and MEIR with about 250 hours total time mainly on robinsons and a few hours on an A109?
Would North sea be an option? or what options would one have??
Cheers for replys :ok:

RVDT
31st Jul 2007, 11:28
On a scale of 1-10 or would you prefer a comparison?

Having had to recruit in the past my question would be - what makes you stand out from the other candidates.

Remember that having a licence is a foregone conclusion.

On that basis, your attributes appear to be zero!

Ask yourself the following - how would you convince an operator to invest a large amount of cash in you?

Bravo73
31st Jul 2007, 12:16
Would North sea be an option?

The North Sea is your ONLY option.

There are a few UK onshore operators who operate 2 crew (Air Harrods and JCB are two which spring to mind.) However, these two operators wouldn't be interested in someone with such low time, even with an IR. You will need 800-1000hrs before they will even bother to look at your CV.

Otherwise, if you've already got the licence, contact this lot: http://www.lntaviation.co.uk/ They were advertising on here very recently for a co-joe. I imagine that you'll be joining a relatively long queue though...

HTH

BRASSEMUP
31st Jul 2007, 12:37
If the Northsea isn't any good for you then CHC Global are looking for co-pilots. www.chc.ca.

Good way to get some experience and some hours.

Flingingwings
31st Jul 2007, 13:32
I presume yours is a purely theoretical question?
With minimal hours getting a job anywhere (fixed wing or rotary) is no easy task. Agree with B73, realistically, Offshore would be your only option.
I wouldn't also count (or budget) on being able to jump straight into a rotary IR having just completed a CPL(H) course. Possible yes, but I know plenty with far more time who are competent VFR guys that have struggled or binned the IR until they get more hours/experience.
Judging by your other posts the qualifications you mention ARE some way off and in an industry where requirements for staff change on an almost daily basis - I'll just go get my crystal ball :p
FWIW - I'd start by deciding whether you want to go fixed wing or rotary and then concentrate on that direction. Neither route is easy/easier if thats the question you are trying to ask, albeit in a roundabout fashion.
Good luck whatever you choose :ok:
FW
Ps. I'd also do the IR on an AS355 instead of the 109 if you plan to go N Sea. It's cheaper and won't make any difference as the N Sea don't use either type. You'd also stand more chance of getting some 355 VFR time possibly. Can't think of anywhere that would give you a 109 single pilot with hours that low :sad:

Curtis E Carr
31st Jul 2007, 20:31
250 hours indicate that you are an inexperienced pilot.

Add the IR and you become an inexperienced pilot with an IR.

Onshore operations - no chance, offshore - some chance

BRASSEMUP
1st Aug 2007, 06:36
Job Description:
At any given moment, on any given day, a CHC aircraft is in the air somewhere in the world. Whether we're transporting the men and women who keep the world's offshore oil and gas flowing, or taking an injured patient to safety, CHC sets the standard for safety, customer service, modern aircraft and efficiency. Every year we fly more than 25 million kilometers - and every flight follows the most rigorous standards and procedures anywhere.
OPEN CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
CHC Global Operations is forecasting a continued expansion of operations over the course of 2007/2008. As a result, we anticipate ongoing requirements for Rotary Wing IFR Co-Pilots for overseas touring positions.
Typical rotations are 6 weeks on and 6 weeks paid time away from base. Candidates may reside at any location globally.
CHC offers a competitive compensation and benefits program.
Please note that CHC will only contact applicants for this posting based on demand for additional personnel. Sorry, no phone calls please.
Required Competencies:
· Cooperative team players capable of dealing with changing deadlines and priorities.
· Flexibility with changing requirements regarding work hours/days, location and travel.
· Supportive of continual safety and quality improvement.
· Ability to work cooperatively in culturally diverse environments.
Education / Credentials:
· 1000 hours Total Time
· Current JAR/ICAO/Canadian/FAA CPL with IR
· Valid passport
· Offshore experience is an asset
· Experience with one or more of the following types is an asset:
- S61, S76 (A, A++, C+, C++)
- AS332, AS365 (N series preferred)
- Bell 212/412
Please include a list of the aircraft types on which you are experienced and note any previous offshore time in your resume. We recommend updating your application on a regular basis to ensure we have your most up-to-date information.
Spam blockers and bulk mail folders can make initial communications difficult. After you submit your application, please ensure that your e-mail account will accept correspondence from the following domains: www.chc.ca and www.recruitingcenter.net.
CHC is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates.
Sorry i didn't read the 1000 hour required bit :ugh:
A friend of mine has just started and if i can remember rightly they sent him to Florida to do his IR, but he's a Capt thou.