PDA

View Full Version : Bean-Stealing

Hueymeister
31st Jul 2007, 06:01
As someone who's just about to start a Residential Course I'm wondering what I'm in for as a married guy, in my own house and having to live-in during my 4-month stay. What's the deal now-a-days? Do we still live for free and pay abated food charges?

PerArdua
31st Jul 2007, 09:19
Hueymeister
Accomodation is free but you will pay for your food at standard rates from day 1 of your course (introduced by JPA July 1st). The abated food charge was approximately 4.5 days of the Daily Messing rate a week and worked out around £85 month and you didn't pay it for the first 28days as a Beany. The new charge seems to be 7/4.5ths of the old one so you will pay more if eat all the in-week food. Haven't had a Mess Bill under £200 since they brought it in.

PA

Wader2
31st Jul 2007, 13:46
As part of AFPRB review, MOD has reviewed food charging regulations to harmonise and simplify the food charge regime and minimise the differences between PAYD and non-PAYD units. . . .married and single personnel will now pay food charges to be based on meals actually consumed at a single rate regardless of marital status or location from 1 Jul 07:

Personnel will pay the same price per meal in both a non-PAYD and PAYD unit if they eat the Core Meal[1].

Personal on Temporary Duty will no longer be entitled to free meals for the first 30 days. They will either pay the relevant meal charge or for what they eat.

Personnel on day visits will no longer be entitled to free meals unless paying a Daily Food Charge at their parent unit.

A single rate called the Daily Food Charge (equal to the PAYD Core Menu charge). At the same time, refunds of daily food charges at non-PAYD sites for periods of leave in excess of 24 hours, including weekends and stand downs, will be introduced rather than for periods in excess of 48 hours.

mayorofgander
31st Jul 2007, 15:34
But can you claim the food charges back via receipts & JPA.
You would if you were staying at Mrs Miggins' and not in the mess!!!:confused:

MOG:cool:

Pontius Navigator
31st Jul 2007, 15:54
Mayor, if the authorised accommodation was with Mrs Miggins then normal JPA T&S rules would apply. If your course was at Shriveham or Halton and no F95 was issued then living out would not be an option.