PDA

View Full Version : which WAYS to choose? ( give me adivse please)

sunny_liverpool
31st Jul 2007, 02:50
Hi!

I am a Hong Konger, and currently doing my last year study in High School.

I have decided, with family support, to study in university in Australia. I am interested in aviation, and media( movie, advertising,etc)

If you were me, how would you choose?
- an aviation degree( with flying )
OR
-a media degree
OR
-a media degree + flying ( anyway, is it possible? )

i really want my lifelong career to be in aviation. But Hong Kong Airlines, like Cathay,etc, provides cadet programme only, the chances to get inside is always unknown, even I am a degree holder and have CPL license.

Therefore, if i have a CPL in future, is that possible to work in aviation in Australia? is the chance high?

And I have asked one of the university in AUS, they ensure to give student an instructor job in their school after completing a " instructor " course which cost $AUD12000, is that worth to do?

Finally, after reading my concerns, i appreciate guys give me advice and suggestions. Thank You.

kiwi chick
31st Jul 2007, 03:12
If you were me, how would you choose?
- an aviation degree( with flying )
OR
-a media degree
OR
-a media degree + flying ( anyway, is it possible? )

Lets go boys - open season! :E

Haha, just kidding!

My only advice. Do you want to fly? Really fly? And would you work your ass off, get knocked over, get up again, get knocked over, get up again, get frustrated, and STILL keep smiling?!

If so, then follow your heart - if that's where it really is - and choose flying.

Good luck!! :ok:

kiwi chick
31st Jul 2007, 03:14
Finally, after reading my concerns, i appreciate guys give me advice and suggestions. Thank You
oooops sorry I just noticed - I'm not a guy but take my advice anyway ;)

thesheephair
31st Jul 2007, 15:05
the best advice you can get is by the search button and archive threads :ok:

sunny_liverpool
1st Aug 2007, 01:55
yes, i hv searched

here is the conclusion:

pilots already saturated in Australia. And a flying degree is worse than a BBA, because the former one focus on aviation, but wont gurantee u a job offer in aviation after graduate.

however, last month, i have asked an University in Adelaide in their exhibition in Hong Kong, if it is secured to study an aviation degree..

Because i have to spend around AUD$120,000 on a degree, which is double over the others. And he is not sure if i can apply to Australia airlines...i dont know also. But he replied that i would have advantage on the HK airlines cadet, like Cathay Pacific and DragonAir. i think it does have advantage, but not much.

And he adds, i can further study on their instructor course, which cost AUD$12000 in 8 months, he told me i can then become an instructor in their university, because they come and gone very quickly...through this i can earn flying hours...i believe what he said is true...

overall, i am not sure if it is worth or not

and which path should i choose, since i do not have science background, to get in their aviation degree , first i hv to spend 8 months on their pre-degree course....

but if i choose media, or bba subjects, i can direct entry to their degree...but am not sure if i can study the CPL at the same time..

THANKS

sunny_liverpool
2nd Aug 2007, 11:27
and now i am looking for a good flying school
which can connect with the university in my 2nd year
any recommendations?

sunny_liverpool
6th Aug 2007, 11:29
thank you everyone

NeilA330
6th Aug 2007, 14:11
What about the RAAF post Uni?? Losts of CX guys from there.

sunny_liverpool
7th Aug 2007, 07:06
RAAF?????????????where?

NeilA330
7th Aug 2007, 15:00
You mentioned Uni in Oz so I figured Royal Australian Air Force....
Where??? Australia maybe? :cool:

sunny_liverpool
8th Aug 2007, 02:03
But I am Hong Kong PR only...