PDA

View Full Version : JAA Class 2 Med

WhiskeyDelta
30th Jul 2007, 23:50
I've been given conflicting opinions on this so lets see what the consensus is here;

JAA (Ireland) Class 2 Medicals are required bi-annually until age 40, then they become an annual requirement. So...

If you take a medical half way through your 39th year when is your next one due? 12 months later since you are now 40, or 24 months later since you were under 40 when you had your last one?

My last medical examiner said he didn't want to see me for another 2 years. He restated that when I pointed out that I would be 40 in 6 months. My CFI is not so sure, said he'd "seek clarification" but then never came back to me with a definite answer.

It's almost 12 months since my last medical and in 6 months I'll be 41... what do you all think?

Cheers,

WD

Phil73805
2nd Aug 2007, 00:14
Hi WD, I don't know if this is of any use but my medical is up for renewal as of today. I am 32 as of the 1st of this month and my research seems to show that the CAA have moved the goalposts. Apparently a class 2 medical is valid for 5 years for under 40, this was definitely not the case when I had my last medical two years ago. However being as close as you are to 40 I suspect that the requirement will be for the 40+ category.
Give your AME a call or failing that get it from the horses mouth and call the CAA and ask them. If they don't know, who will?
Phil