PDA

View Full Version : You don't want to do that

212man
27th Oct 2000, 01:59
Run out of of fuel that is.

Went to find a NAF Do228 what run out of fuel this morning. Miracle of miracles, he found a small road peering through the fog, and managed a dead stick thereon. Lost a wing plus numerous sundry bits, but no injuries.

"Dey no runno wey no fuelo"

Liberians take note.

Rememember the 6 'P's

------------------
Another day in paradise

Max Torque
27th Oct 2000, 09:26
Providing there wasn't a reasonable operational or technical reason for it...

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.

But only because nobody was hurt. This wouldn't have been somewhere in the vicinity of Abuja now, would it? Hmmmm.
And yea, verily, another day in paradise. I wonder what the poor people are doing?

MT.

The Guvnor
28th Oct 2000, 11:45
I've seen them try it with a 707 once or twice as well ...

How's life in PHC at the moment, 212?

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

Who?
29th Oct 2000, 01:16
When did you see that Guv? When you were a pilot on B707's? Ha ha ha

212man
29th Oct 2000, 01:19
Guv,
fine I imagine, though as I don't live there don't take my word for it. I'm up and to the left a bit, but not as far as Largoose (as they say on the PA on landing).

Subsequently discovered it was a Do128, not a 228; dificult to tell in that state.

A Gp. Capt and a Wng. Cmdr I gather, probably grounds for promotion. Be a good crew for the New York run if NA ever return there (without SAA's help).

Max, do we know each other?

------------------
Another day in paradise

Bushmeat
29th Oct 2000, 08:55
212man
Up and to the left ehhh.
Not very nice talk about NA now, And we
do take promotions in the NAF very seriously.
Enjoy your atlantic breeze.
Bushmeat
by the way Guv life in PHC is just fine,just
got back from sams!!

212man
30th Oct 2000, 00:59
Bushmeat,
I hope no offence taken, it was meant in a light hearted way. It's a well known adage that serious cock ups are often a means to promotion. Personally, although I thought getting in the predicament was a tad careless to say the least, their subsequent landing was very good and probably saved then from serious injury.

------------------
Another day in paradise

Bushmeat
30th Oct 2000, 09:36
212man
Good morning, no offence taken at all.
Good landing maybe, careless I dont know. We shall find out how come this happened soon I hope, dont forget these are senior officers in the force, who have received first class flight trainning with years of experience and first hand knowledge about the risk flying during this period in the country, and should have been well prepared. i.e. proper fuel management.
Miraculously no one was hurt.
Regards

The Guvnor
30th Oct 2000, 11:34
To be fair to them - without knowing any more about the situation than has been written here - I'd say that the crew did a decent job getting the aircraft down without loss of life or serious injury: and that's something you don't see too often in those parts.

Good training teaching how to remain cool under pressure - those who have been poorly trained don't, and invariable the situation gets a lot worse!

Just my N2 worth...

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

Who?
31st Oct 2000, 04:43
Talking of training Guv, what about your pilot training?
There are a couple of threads going about pilots with faked qualifications on other forums.
Why not give us some insights from a self-confessed faker?

212man
2nd Nov 2000, 03:34
Fuuuuckkk offff, who.

What, do you think we hang on his every thread? If you have some evidence start a forum. If not then ditto

------------------
Another day in paradise

[This message has been edited by 212man (edited 01 November 2000).]

212man
3rd Nov 2000, 04:04
I unreservadly withdrwaw the above comments, with the proviso that somoeone proves me wrong. Keep the vitriol out of all this, I beg'o.

------------------
Another day in paradise

Boss Raptor
3rd Nov 2000, 19:23
They dont call them 'NAF' for nothing...it still brings a smile to my face every time I look at the serial on one of the C130 tails...nice piece of flying though, shame about the fuel planning!