PDA

View Full Version : PPL Nav Theory Format

JohnV85
30th Jul 2007, 16:34
Hi,

Can someone please let me know the format of the nav theory exam, e.g. is it a lot of unconnected multiple choice questions as per air law, etc. or is it more the case of various scenarious, filling in flight plans, etc. for a given flight that takes all into account?

Ta,

John

maxdrypower
30th Jul 2007, 17:26
Its basically an extension of what you may already have learnt planning flights . There will be a plotted route of some sort and you will be asked questions around it ie what is the location such and such , what is the distance between point a and b how long will it take you etc etc. You will also be given appendices which you will have to abstract info from , these are easy questions if you can read , times of airfiled opening etc etc . I also had a question relating to the tolerances of VORS at various distances .Get the confuser youll find most of the questions or certainly their formats in there good luck

JohnV85
30th Jul 2007, 18:15
Thanks. I will try and get the confuser. I got a couple exam secrets guides but haven't got the ones for navigation or meteorology which I am taking at the end of the week.

nickyjsmith
30th Jul 2007, 18:31
HI John,

Get yourself a ppl confuser, it's full of typical questions for all the written papers and will allow you to get used to the format for the exam's.
In answer to your question, you will get both, as long as you know the subject you will be all right.
All the best,

Nick.:)

JohnV85
30th Jul 2007, 18:47
Thanks. I'm confident with the content; just the format I was a little unsure of. Will pick up a confuser from Pooleys in the week. Is there just the one?