PDA

View Full Version : cessna relay

topdog1
30th Jul 2007, 13:27
Hi

Can any one help with a p# and supplier of the relay for the Avionics master switch (typical 172sp)

cheers

L-Band
30th Jul 2007, 16:22
Is this the switch mounted on the panel?

If so W31X2M1G35 from Adams.

Cheers
L

NutLoose
31st Jul 2007, 07:37
If you want a computer copy of the cessna manuals for the 172R 172S etc PM me an address and I will put an old one in the post to you., it will be a few years old (2001 ish) but I have the DVD/ CD Cessna sell and it has all the manuals for the aircraft on them.

topdog1
2nd Aug 2007, 17:18
Thanks for the posts and offers

I do not actually need the Cessna manual,I am building a kit plane and have the panel switch which is only rated at 3amp.I know the 172sp uses a similar swith to operate a relay,its the p# of the relay that i would like if any one can help.

L-Band
2nd Aug 2007, 21:26
Why use a switch and relay as that will add complication and unreliabilty to the system. If you use a circuit breaker switch and put in a emg switch in case the master fails, then you have only a switch in the system.

L

NutLoose
2nd Aug 2007, 21:33
Looking on the CD I have installed on this PC for the steam driven cockpit it only shows the avionics master as a single switch which is 2 in one for both busbars connecting through a fuse to it, are you sure you are not after the battery relay? failing that I may have the newer disc at work and will have a look for you on that. I take it the TV version has a relay in it....

Where to buy from would be CSP at Oxford ( ex CSE aviation parts department), or the likes of Denis Robinson.

Incidentally one thing the Aircraft does have that is superb and that are the switches, they are a combo switch come circuit breaker which trips the switch off, so you do not need a separate CB panel... the other thing is the beacon, the base is about 1cm thick and contains an integeral built in flasher..