PDA

View Full Version : ATC recruitment

togs737
30th Jul 2007, 07:48
Hello!

My mate is currently in year 12 in school, finishing very soon though.

He was wondering if it would be possible to apply for ATC even though he hasn't done his HSC yet. Yes, I know you have to "have completed year 12 with passes..." - and tick that box but could he apply now for intakes that occur soon. He is simply asking this because he doesn't want to wait till December (gets results then) and have missed an intake (if the application is successful).

Thanks in advance.

Lasiorhinus
30th Jul 2007, 08:20
Your "friend" should apply now, because "he" won't need to provide proof of the qualifications until the full-day aptitude testing.

By that time, you'll need to show them proof of the required Year 12 subjects, or a very good letter from the Board of Studies explaining when you will be able to show proof.

togs737
30th Jul 2007, 08:37
hahahah thanks very much!

I knew that saying my "friend" would attract some attention...:O

Hempy
30th Jul 2007, 08:43
Most 18 year old trainees fail, simple as that. Go and spend a couple of years getting some "life experience" and then give it a crack.

Lasiorhinus
30th Jul 2007, 08:44
No worries, any time. You or your friend :ok:

Watch the head of the interview panel though... she's an interesting piece of work. :mad:

THE IRON MAIDEN
30th Jul 2007, 15:04
I applied for ATC around 22, got right through to the interview. Was given the "Life experiance" BS..

O well if you can apply under 21 give it a go. Do Air-No-Service still have the 2 shots only thing? if you fail to get in on the second attempt then no go ever!?