PDA

View Full Version : anyone got the call?

pyote
30th Jul 2007, 05:39
Anyone got the call from eagle about interviews?

mattyj
30th Jul 2007, 09:30
The ground course finished last week..sadly I was not on it.

The interviews associated with that course were 10-13th July.
CP told me one, if not two more sets of interviews this year. They have lost so many this year that 1000/100 is starting to look good. Taking bonded pilots who have only done 6 months of their contracts and one third of our group were from Australia. I know one FO who has been with Eagle just on a year and is getting a shot at a command because no one else had ATPLs.

Interview is stressfull but they want people who can cope..the 1900 ride was the hard bit..see if you can find a mockup of a 1900 panel and find out in advance how a flight director works. Thats what killed me.

Good gig if you can get in. Checks are tough but the advancment is quick

pyote
30th Jul 2007, 09:47
There are more interviews on the 14th of next month..

But i heard the bond and contract has been increased... 30k for a 1900??? how can this be>? and 3 years to pay it off?

horserun
30th Jul 2007, 10:44
"Interview is stressfull but they want people who can cope"

For F**k sake its just a big king Air, not top gun. The Cathay and Air NZ interview is only 3 days long... Why should the Eagle interview be 4 days!!!!!

All the best for your interviews, but all the best pilots I meet are ones who have failed the Eagle process!!

27/09
30th Jul 2007, 21:35
horse run beat me to the draw.

I was going to say "How long before this thread turns into an Eagle slagfest." Well I didn't need too, only 3 replies. Well done horse run!

By the tone of your post you must be in that group of "best pilots" that you mention. Take a chill pill and let those that want to find out some information do so without bitter comments from someone like you.

From what I hear it's not a bad place for a young guy or gal to get a start in an airline environment.

pyote
30th Jul 2007, 22:59
All I was trying to find out is if anyone knew anything.

If we want to find out what everyone thinks we can go back to the multitude of anti eagle posts out there.

Does anyone know of the new bonding system and how they come up with the figure that they do?

Cheers,\happy flying!

muttly's pigeon
31st Jul 2007, 03:03
Good stuff horse run :ugh:

Yea the bond is 30k decreasing over 3 years. To clarify that is not paid upfront..... If you leave within the 3 years you will be sent a bill for the remainder. The cost to the company is about that I would guess given that you get a 2 week buisness class trip to Canada simming at flight safety which I have never paid for but am told is not cheap. This is at full pay + Spending money - there is no 'training wage' at Eagle. On top of that is at least 2 empty flight in the a/c at about 2 hrs each plus all the usual bits accociated with training someone. 30k would be about right me thinks.

If you want to bitch about bonds there is another thread already - do a search. If you want to bitch about the Eagle interiew and whine about how you are above it - do a search or PM someone like horserun.

Bad luck mattyj - fortunatly the days of 'dont apply again' are long gone so hopefully see you back soon. At least we will still have (I hope!) 10/10 service from youand the troops in AKL :ok: (If only the entire airline operation always worked that smooth around the country)

At mattyj said see if you can get infront of a mock up or even the real a/c to familiarise your self with what is where. Not very easy to do at the main centres, but most of the guys at the provincial ports will give you a quick run down of the EFIS if they are around.

Sqwark2000
1st Aug 2007, 07:47
The Cathay and Air NZ interview is only 3 days long... Why should the Eagle interview be 4 days!!!!!

Horserun, it's not about " we're a great airline, and we'll put all prospectives through a rigourous 4 day selection..." Some of the interview panel are involved in most phases of the interview, that is... group session, sim, interview and flight etc and cannot logistically be in 2 or 3 places at once, hence the spread out nature of the process. Cathay or Air NZ (from my limited knowledge of major airline interviews) has 1 person doing the Phsyc, another does the sim, another does the interview etc, so interviewees can go from one phase to the next etc fairly quickly but as in Eagle's case 1 if not more of the panel sit through the group session, each personal interview, conduct the flight etc.

As I've said before, don't think about it as been 3 or 4 full days, it could 0.5 day first up, 1 hour the next day, 2 hours the next day etc

I really enjoyed my time at Eagle, and can recommend it to anyone considering. The 30K bond is pretty accurate and still I think below actual cost. 3yrs is, I admit, a tad long. I just started at a new job with a 40K, 18mth bond for a AirNZ Link turboprop.

Good Luck those pushing for it.

S2K

6080ft
2nd Aug 2007, 02:55
The interview process is not 4 days and I wish people would stop moaning that it is!
Mine went like this - earlier this year.
day 1 - aptitute testing then the group stuff.
Day 2 - Panel Interview
Day 3 - phone call 'you have the job'

At the most it would be 2 and a half days!

pakeha-boy
2nd Aug 2007, 03:01
mattyj....yeah mate...sorry to hear that too!!!....but I suspect your determination will see you through....we have all recieved a kick in the balls at one time or another....stick with it...it will happen,,..