PDA

View Full Version : EK entry requirements

KESHO
30th Jul 2007, 00:39
Just a quick one on the entry requirements into EK. I understand that 2000 hours jet experience is required for FOS, does simulator time count towards this?
Thanks!
K

PositiveRate876
30th Jul 2007, 10:22
They credit 25% of your P3 time (up to max of 1000hrs).

So you're 275hrs short. Try again in 3 months.

Best of luck.

Craic Ore
30th Jul 2007, 10:24
Pretty sure you must have what they say is "hard time", ie time as the nominated operating crew. In other words, SO is not counted at all, sorry to say.

They are very picky here about it all, if they say 2000 hours jet, 1999.9 doesn't slice it. Just the way it is........

However, pay attention to this space as they are about to get very desperate. Either the minimums will come down or you'll see a massive wage increase to attract newbies. I personally think the former will be the case.

FlyingOW
30th Jul 2007, 17:39
Re lowering the mins........was the recruitment roadshow no good at all, or have applicant numbers gone up? I attended one in the US and there was a decent turn out. Personally, I am quite a few hundred hours away (not jet but Total) and am interested to hear any news on that front.
Regards,
OW

Paishinel
30th Jul 2007, 22:39
Hi, S/O time is no good unless you're an S/O in a 2 crew operation whereby you log P2 when you're PM or when as PF your skipper signs off your P1u/s time. In some companies, you're ranked an S/O when you have less than 1000 hrs and have not passed the company F/O proficiency check. So you fly as a copilot with a rank of S/O but your hours are P2 hours with the occasional P1u/s when you fly a leg. However in long haul B744 or A340 operation whereby you're a 10000ft to 10000ft copilot your P3 hours will not count. On the lucky day when you have a trainer onboard who allows you to operate as copilot from takeoff to landing ( you can then log P2 hours ) or if you're luckier that he allows you to take off and land as PF, you log P1u/s. Then in this instance both the P2 and P1u/s hours count. At least this was my experience and I had to really explain to the " flying hours scrutineer " my log book entries till I almost turned blue. Well that was a long time ago so things may be easier and simpler now.;)

Wizofoz
31st Jul 2007, 03:55
In the US, S/O often refers to the Flight Engineer, so you need to specify exactley what role it is you're logging time doing.

COP
31st Jul 2007, 05:58
From what I can recall EK only take a max of 500 hours when operating as an S/O. So 5000 hours as S/O is only as good as 500.