PDA

View Full Version : SA

danlotte
25th Oct 2000, 08:17
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TYPE OF EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED TO GET A TURBINE JOB IN SOUTH AFRICA (EG: FRESH AIR)
THANKS A LOT

joubs
27th Oct 2000, 12:31
Probably 1000 Hrs but guys have got on 200's with about 200 in the past. More who you know than what experience yo have. Good luck

Jungle John
27th Oct 2000, 16:50
Get yourself a Turbine rating and then start going to see the various operators A C208 is a good start
Good luck
JJ

botsboy
27th Oct 2000, 20:25
Spoke to Freshair yesterday. FO requirements are min 1000 TOT 500 multi. Some turbine time, preferably BE200, required.

A little stiff I would say!

------------------
Why work when you can fly?

danlotte
28th Oct 2000, 04:52
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS. I HAVE THOSE HOURS AND A BIT, AND SOME TURBINE TIME TOO. DO YOU KNOW WHAT FRESH AIR ARE LIKE TO WORK FOR, PAY
CONDITIONS, LIVING IN SOUTH AFRICA ETC.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP

botsboy
28th Oct 2000, 10:29
As far as I know they have not started operations yet but I may be wrong. South Africa is an interesting place to live like most African countries. Crime in the Johannesburg area is of particular concern, but other than that it is a great place. It depends on what you are used to though as we South Africans are quite biased about it of course. Where are you from? Keep in mind that it is quite stiff to get the SA comm and if I am not mistaken, it will involve writing the subjects which are a real pain. Anyway, if you want more info on Freshair thier phone number is +27-11-8944695.

------------------
Why work when you can fly?

danlotte
29th Oct 2000, 01:55
THANKS AGAIN BOTSBOY,
I AM AN AUSTRALIAN WORKING NEAR PNG. I DIDN'T REALISE THAT YOU NEEDED TO DO ANOTHER LICENCE, I THOUGHT YOU COULD DO A TRANSFER. DO YOU NEED TO SIT FOR THE EXAMS AGAIN NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN AFRICA, OR IS IT JUST IN SOUTH AFRICA?

botsboy
29th Oct 2000, 15:35
The licence issue is only a problem in SA and Kenya from what I have heard. As for the rest of Africa, your Oz licence will be good enough.

tired
29th Oct 2000, 19:28
If you plan on working for an SA company based in SA you'll also need a SA work permit, and from what I hear that'll be more problematical than the license