PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Modular route FT

RITZER82
29th Jul 2007, 23:36
Hi can anybody recommend a good flying school as I want to commence training on the 0-fATPL course very shortly under the modular route system, however I was going to do it in Egnatia but reading from comments on this forum it has definately put me off even going to visit the place what an absolute disgrace, therefore I am looking at a flying establishment that would offer roughly the amount they are charging at Egnatia preferably in the UK as I now am undertaking two jobs in order to fund the extra money for training in the UK.

I have written emails to Cabair numerous occassions for information on their Modular route programme however to date I still have not received any sort of reply from them which is quite a dis-appointment from my view.

Please help me out guys in assisting me making the right decision as I am desperate to start training very soon as I am not getting any younger and its a shame that I had my heart set out on Egnatia but now my heart is telling me to stay well clear of that place, thanks guys:)

MrHorgy
30th Jul 2007, 00:08
I think you'll find it's going to be more expensive in the UK wherever you go. I'm at Stapleford and can thoroughly recommend them so far - I didn't do my PPL there but the CPL / IR setup is excellent.

I did my PPL at Ormond Beach Aviation in Florida. You'll hear mixed reactions about them but generally if your willing to knuckle down and spend time flying and studying, and not drinking you'll enjoy it. Good for cheap hour building as well, although that's not where I did my extra hours to get me to 150. The weather is generally good and there's hundreds of airfields around. Try to get some UK hours somewhere though else when you come back you'll find it a bit of a shock as UK airspace is that much more busy.

Modular should offer you the chance to do things in a bit more of a personalised approach. I enjoyed, and continue to enjoy my training as it's on my terms. Good deals are to be had - my hour building in the UK cost me £71 per hour WET overall once you include landings, and that includes a trip to Reus and back from Manchester in a nearly new 172.

Good luck with your choices - although Cabair, OAT et al have good reputations don't let them act as blinkers so you can't see other outfits. I hear good things about Multiflight at Leeds Bradford, and i'll also give my thumbs up to Triple-A Flying at Humberside.

Horgy

phillpot
30th Jul 2007, 17:03
Give Dena a call at BCFT www.bournemouthcommercialflighttraining.co.uk (http://www.bournemouthcommercialflighttraining.co.uk)
a call I did my ppl at the flying club some years back now, attended the atpl ground school which was first class (all 14 first time 93% average) and have just started my cpl there, obviously uk based so not as cheap as abroad but very competitive they seem to have a very good pass rate on the flying side and everyone I know who has gone through the flying training seem very pleased. well worth checking out, Good luck

RITZER82
30th Jul 2007, 19:49
Thanks guys for your kind assistance I have something to press on with and do a little research once again, all the best and good luck with your training.:)