PDA

View Full Version : EK Aircraft Seats

Defenestrator
29th Jul 2007, 23:29
What is it with the seats in economy at Emirates? As much as I don't mind flying with them they absolutely KILL my back.

There is no lumbar support to speak of and after just a 3 hr flight in the 777 my back is shot to ****....and I DON'T have back problems. I'm in my hotel doing stretches, applying hot towels, and Googling remedies just so I can get through the rest of my trip. It's not even remotely funny. I don't suffer this affliction with ANY other carrier.

Can one of you enlightened folk explain to me why they are so bad.....and beyond that what I can do to get through the bloody journey and not be a cripple at the other end.

Typing standing up, knees bent and generally out of shape....but the relief is tremendous.

D:ouch:

Marooned
30th Jul 2007, 01:40
The ones in the flight deck are worse.

thefoxandfirkin
30th Jul 2007, 12:18
Try stuffing that nice little pillow down your shorts....... just to be clear that's the back not the front!

Keep Discovering! :}

LHR Rain
30th Jul 2007, 13:59
In addition to EK seats being ****te they are also way to small. If you notice they are 10 seats across when most air carriers are 9 across. Also they have no leg room in front of you and when the person seating in front of you puts his seat back you can not watch your movie in your seat.
The reason EK has such high profits is because they cram their passengers into the airplane and also the slave labour they employ.

BYMONEK
30th Jul 2007, 16:04
Rain man

Kinda makes you wonder then why they'd keep coming back for more if it's really so bad? Think you'll find legroom is 1-2" better than some other Y class seats. My wife finds that extra 2" makes all the difference for her! Regarding your inability to watch the video, try tilting the video screen towards you. Works a treat everytime! :ugh:

Defenestrator
30th Jul 2007, 18:29
Regarding your inability to watch the video, try tilting the video screen towards you. Works a treat everytime!

BYMONEK,
Keep it real,
The western population is not 5' 4'' on average. And YES many of us are unable to view the screen if the punter in front reclines his chair in the EK cabin. In fact the inflight entertainment, dare I say it, ICE, is over if the one in front reclines.

If you want to talk about great cabins check in for a Singapore Airlines flight (just an example....could have used many but SIA came to mind).
The economy cabin at SIA makes J class at Emirates look like a joke. In fact SIA makes EK look rediculous full stop. Quality is hard to come by in airlines. SIA focus on it day in, day out. They are one of the few carriers that provide top level ..........everything. I look forward to having the opportunity one day to fly Business Class with them. Economy is amazing, can only guess how good J is. And I might add, It's no reflection on the staff at EK. They are merely doing as they've been shown and told.......but alas they are far from from the money when it comes to the bar that SIA hold so high. I care little for the rewards EK receive. If I had a squillion dollars I too could 'earn' accolades for essentially filling in the form.

Kinda makes you wonder then why they'd keep coming back for more if it's really so bad?

You get what you pay for. Simple as that

Just trying to keep it on a level 'BYMONEK'.

Do some travelling Tiger, might open your eyes.

D:hmm:

Defenestrator
30th Jul 2007, 19:48
Olbie,
I'm not contesting the pitch, just the comfort of the seats and in Emirates case, lack there of. Economy, in any airline, is short on leg room.

D:ugh:

BIKKERDENNAH
31st Jul 2007, 11:32
Sorry BYMONEK off the topic. But cannot resist.

How much does your wife appreciate that extra 2 inches??:}

Watchdog
31st Jul 2007, 12:08
:D :D :D Good one :D :D :D

BYMONEK
1st Aug 2007, 18:10
Not enough to warrant staying in 45 degrees obviously. Still, at least someone else can appreciate it for a month or two! ;)

Sorry dear, just joking................................:\