PDA

View Full Version : Faa-jaa

leontas
29th Jul 2007, 21:25
Greetings to all!!!
Just joined this community,after carefully observing the posts for a while.
My name is John,and first of all I would like to say "Fantastic Job!!!" to the creators of this Forum.
I live in Athens,Greece and my time to join all the fine pilots and share the clouds has come (although postponed for many times due to some family difficulties)
Only have a few questions,which can only be answered based on opinions (since all my other Qs where answered through this forum)
Don't really know if I want to work in the states,cause my heart always belonged to our national carrier here in Greece (I'll try not to say any names)
I have a couple of schools in mind to start my training,and I would like to ask you if you think that there might be another school in the states/canada that may match their program-money-proffessionalism (and degree options JAA/FAA)
1.FlightSafety
2.Phoenix East
I know that I'll only get a FAA degree and that I'll have to convert to JAA,but could someone please (finally) clarify the whole process of conversion?
Is there a school in the US that offers JAA degrees?
How about Canada?Does anyone know of any schools in Montreal?
How long does it take (taking in concideration that I pass everything with my first try,and no delays in exams and flights occur) in order to go from 0 to actually start going to intreviews?
INFO:
1.I'm almost 26,and I'm worried that my time will be almost up.
2.I'm looking to spend around 45000euros / 60000$ (including my housing)
If this is a huge e-mail,and someone knows a website where I can find all these answers, then please don't hesitate to send it :)
Thank you all so much for your time
Hope I wasn't a pain
Best Regards and Greetings from sunny (and extremely hot) Greece :8

B2N2
29th Jul 2007, 22:58
Zero- CPL ME IR will cost anywhere from $42K-$50K in the USA.
Housing included, you will have to add the cost of conversion in Greece.
Under FAA zero-CPL ME-IR can be done in 5-6 months.

EpsilonVaz
30th Jul 2007, 02:15
If you live in Athens why not try Egnatia Aviation (based in Kavala) for a JAA licence. Website is www.egnatia-aviation.com (http://www.egnatia-aviation.com)

EpsilonVaz

leontas
30th Jul 2007, 06:55
I have done my research,and I've been lucky enough to know a lot of people in the greek industry.
I have found out a lot of negative information regarding egnatia aviation.I don't want to say any over here,but if you'd like you can always pm me.
Greece is not an option when it comes to pilot schools....Unfortunatly :{

ARGREECE
30th Jul 2007, 10:27
Try Intercockpit My Friend.i Live In Lamia,greece So That You Can Contact Me Anytime(stay Away From Greece Both In The Training And Job Market Sector)