PDA

View Full Version : MCC AT PARC AVIATION (Course Advice, 737-200)

tinmouse
29th Jul 2007, 13:58
I’m hoping that somebody here has done the MCC at Park Aviation. I’m looking for any information that will help me with regards to preparing for the course. Any information with regards to Check lists that have to be committed to memory, ie engine fires, emergency procedures, SID etc.
Anything that you may have found difficult on the course that I can prepare for now. In fact even a 737-200 model that I can find for Flight Sim would be helpful. I have already paid my deposit, but I’ve only been given limited course material. Can you help?
Kindest regards,
Tinmouse.

pipergirl
30th Jul 2007, 11:20
I completed the course recently and will try and dig up a few bits n bobs for you, although I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Great course, very enjoyable.

First 3 days in the classroom-they wll fill you in on things that you will need to know in the SIM.
The main thing you need to note is that it is all hand flown-no auto pilot! That can make things a bit tough for you, but I personally think it was the best way to do it and it certainly helps focus the mind!
The following 5 days are in the SIM-First day is general handling and just settling you in and then the next 4 days you do things like departing from Dublin on LIFFY 2A and doing ILS approaches etc..nothing too major. It starts getting tricky when you have to do single engine stuff (remember be gentle with the rudder-don't pound it!) and then engine failures on the take-off run, but it isn't anything you cannot handle to be honest. I'll dig up some stuff for you and send it to you via a PM :ok:

tinmouse
30th Jul 2007, 11:41
That would be great pipergirl,

Thanks so much!

Cheers
Tinmouse.

tinmouse
30th Jul 2007, 16:51
If anyone else has any views please do let me know.

Thanks.

tinmouse
1st Aug 2007, 12:35
Come on people, I know there are some X - Parc MCC people out there?

Currymonster
1st Aug 2007, 12:50
Out of interest how much is the MCC course with Parc at the moment?

Ta

3bars
1st Aug 2007, 15:45
You're over analysing this.... The MCC is a fun way of learning how to fly Multi Crew Jets ( which are not Big Cessna's:eek: ). Learn the Recall items in the Parc handbook as you have been instructed to do, then go out and enjoy!!! You'll be shown everything else by experienced pilots.:ok:

potkettleblack
1st Aug 2007, 16:07
Feel free to enjoy it and treat it like any old MCC course....but.....if you think it was pure luck that a lot of guys and gals have gotten starts in their careers through the PARC MCC course then you will be sadly mistaken. It was by nailing the sim and showing good CRM skills and not to mention impressing certain instructors and then handing in a copy of their CV's so it landed on the right desk with a recommendation attached. The write ups and debriefs by the instructors are not only for satisfying the IAA requirements.