PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get the job done in South Africa

Dreamairliner_340
28th Jul 2007, 10:46
Hi everybody,

Savaing towards paying for a CPL at 43 Air School in South Africa and planning to start by mid 2008. On the border of the critical 30 years( have 2 years left to cpmplete CPL and apply before I hit that).

I have been told that it takes roughtly 12months to complete a CPL and I have been quoted for 12 months.
I have two questions:

1) I am not a south african national, I know how tough it is to land that forst job, so planning to go instructing to build some hours, but now there's problem about getting a work permit! I want to know if there's anybody out there who has been done his instructor rating in South Africa and has been able to instruct here?

2) Is the 12 months period to get your CPL correct or does it normally take longer as I have seen some posts mentioning that they completed their CPL in 2 years?

Thanks to provide some guidance!

Hope to fly that huge metal bird one day;)

Leezyjet
29th Jul 2007, 20:57
Goto Algoa instead. They don't have any silly upper age limits.

:}

capster
30th Jul 2007, 09:18
Dream liner i can answer question number 2:

I completed my PPL/CPL ME IFR in 12 months as quoted (some have done it in 10 months), though I know of more than one or two guys that got stuck in to jetskiing/ornithology(not the flying variety)/lying on the beach/sitting in the pub and ended up taking 2 years.

If you put in the work and have half a brain cell you will still have plenty of fun along the way.

Cheers

Dreamairliner_340
30th Jul 2007, 12:16
Thanks for update, really intend to put all the effort in there.

Have set my max limit to 12months, but the earlier, the better to me.

Can anybody revert on the work permit issue.

Tx