PDA

View Full Version : Qatar To Get New CEO

Chuck Y
28th Jul 2007, 10:13
Rumor has it that AD (ex GF) will be the new CEO of QR & AB will be premoted to a ministerial position.

A300Man
28th Jul 2007, 11:16
No, sorry.

PIPE RIDER
28th Jul 2007, 15:29
Well, a new variation of what we have heard for 5 or 6 years.

but, very very sadly A300 is right

Qatari515
1st Aug 2007, 14:08
That would be the last thins we need here...

The swiss wizzkid that come running the show here!

NO THANK YOU!

That would make things only worse, just look at ADs track reckord!

Icarus
1st Aug 2007, 18:10
No chance for AD, part of the agreement signed off with him and the board was that (1) He could not/would not/was not allowed to work in the GCC for two years and (2) He would not/could not/was not allowed to talk about GF for two years.

scanscanscan
1st Aug 2007, 20:41
So...how much was he paid to go away and do that?...£3million the balance of three years salery?

Mr. R
1st Aug 2007, 22:09
haha that's gotta be April's fool way too early:}

A300Man
30th Mar 2008, 15:51
Hmmmm.....

Is it true that Amiri Flight Operations have been de-linked from mainline and that the Dewan is now once again actively managing its own flights, i.e. the way it was in the old days, albeit without BA's involvement? The rumour I heard is that certain high ranking officials are not at all enamoured with the Amiri Flight's increasing tendency to be staffed with individuals solely from a certain part of the world and, despite repeated requests which were never acted on by 9th floor, it became increasingly normal for Amiri 1 to be crewed in a similar manner to QR001 or QR232 operations. (No disrespect whatsoever to anyone).

As such, Dewan not at all happy and is now battling to have VIP-savvy crew back on-line, hence the divorcing of Amiri from Mainline.

Edit note: Sorry, folks. I posted under this particular thread title as I am also reliably advised that the consequence of no action being taken may well be the same outcome as the title of this thread.

fractional
30th Mar 2008, 17:39
... certain high ranking officials are not at all enamoured with the Amiri Flight's increasing tendency to be staffed with individuals solely from a certain part of the world...What do you mean? Who you mean? MT?

Bangkok Layover
30th Mar 2008, 18:26
Is the "Snake" in some sort of trouble at QR?

A possible downgrade?

OrryFace
30th Mar 2008, 21:48
...funny, in some quarters they obviously reckon his influence is growing...
Of those powering up this year’s Arabian Business Power List, none posted such an impressive advance as Akbar Al Baker, chief executive of Qatar Airways, who shot up 84 positions to claim the number 15 spot.

Black Stain
31st Mar 2008, 04:03
From Water Boy to Catamite King. I think his fabulous life story would make a riveting Hindi musical.

Cpt. off the hook
31st Mar 2008, 06:18
Boy, those self promoted top guns in Amiri must have messed it up heavily.
No wonder VIPs are getting worried I'd be worried too flying with this kind of drivers. :8 Does it mean we will get all this hotshots back online? God help us.

Insh Allah
31st Mar 2008, 15:38
BOYS.....

You can have Hogan!! Free of Charge, comes complete with own competant :ugh: team of highly skilled :yuk: professionals.

We'll even assist with his moving arrangements..

Sorry NO GUARANTEE :D

if interested goto http://www.inshallahairways.com/hogan_giveaway

Firbolgs
31st Mar 2008, 16:21
Yes Please take him!!

I will pay for his ticket!:ok:

Doha_lad
1st Apr 2008, 04:10
I heard that Willy Walsh engineered the T5 fiasco so that he could be released to replace AAB :E:cool:

Desert Diner
1st Apr 2008, 04:18
This may be true, with the rumours of merger talks between QR and EY as a means of keeping up with EK are true, and Akbar heading into the minstry, there may be a new CEO, an Australian lad at that!:yuk: