PDA

View Full Version : Audio Disk Full

Suppers Ready
27th Jul 2007, 21:08
Hi all

Hopefully someone can help before the putor goes through the window!!

Some of you may or may not know I dabble in writing songs on home pc using Cakewalk.

When recording audio I am now get a few seconds into recording (audio)before 'audio disk full' message comes up. I have deleted loads of wave files (including most of my music library :{) but I still keep getting the message coming up. I have archived audio files on Cakewalk so the disk won't be used - don't know if that actually helps!!

Is it possible to get an external audio disk, or how can I get into the disk to see what's on it.

Driving me INSANE!!!!

Cheers

SR

Bo Nalls
27th Jul 2007, 21:19
Try this ?? (http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/kb2003187.asp)

Suppers Ready
27th Jul 2007, 21:45
Hi Bo

Tried all of that I'm afraid - I'm using Cakewalk Sonar 6 Producer.

Nothing has changed......:ugh:

bnt
27th Jul 2007, 22:06
Here are a couple of extra things you can try, if you open a command line (Start / Run / "cmd"):
DIR
note the free space left - I wouldn't want to see it go below 200MB or so

CLEANMGR
this is the "Disk Cleanup" program that looks for temporary files etc. In this mode, it will stop and tell you what is using space, such as "Temporary Internet Files"

If you have time to spare, try this:
CHKDSK C: /F
it will say "can't examine the disk now, shall I do it at next startup?" If you say "Y", it will run a full disk check at next boot, which may take some time, depending on how big the disk is.

I haven't used Cakewalk recently, but I do remember their Audio Finder Tool (http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/kb2003170.asp). That page doesn't say it works with Sonar 6 - but it might.

Suppers Ready
27th Jul 2007, 22:21
Thanks bnt - I'll try it all!
Let you know how it goes

Cheers

SR

Parapunter
27th Jul 2007, 23:03
ASIO soundcard right?

Suppers Ready
28th Jul 2007, 20:29
Hi Guys

Tried all of bnt's recommendations...message still comes up.

Parapunter - not being exactly putor literate :) I have assigned all audio devices to Creative Audigy(my souncard) - is that what you mean?? - I've not had this prob before - had the souncard for over a year.

Cheers

Ray

Parapunter
28th Jul 2007, 21:11
If you get a delay when playing over a recorded track I.e you're playing doesn't line up with what's going on in the inspector, then it's a latency thing, most often the soundcard doesn't support ASIO. You could try new drivers from Creative, but they're notoriously slow on that front.
It's unlikely your disk would be full without you knowing it, so you could try taking some of the load off the soundcard by routeing non Cakewalk functions elsewhere. Otherwise, uninstall & reinstalling the card might do the trick, especially if it was working ok before...

Suppers Ready
28th Jul 2007, 21:17
Hi PP

There is no delay in recording, I just get a few seconds into recording and it just drops out with 'audio disk full' message. I will try reinstalling the card ( if I can find the disk!!) and see if that helps - thanks

Cheers

SR

Forgot to say - according to Creative the sound card supports ASIO

green granite
29th Jul 2007, 06:44
From Cakewalk's tech suport files
( http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/GTPro/GTerrors.asp )
Audio Disk Full, Unable to Save Entire Recording
Take a look at the Available Disk Space readout at the bottom of the Cakewalk window. If it says you're low, then you're low, and you'll need to clean up some space. To do this, choose Tools | Clean Audio Disk. Click Find, and once all the files are located, choose Delete All. Make sure you empty your Windows recycle bin afterward, in case the files were sent there.
If the disk space readout looks like you've got plenty of room, go to Tools | Audio Options | Advanced, and make sure the Data Directory is pointing to the proper path. If you've recently reinstalled Cakewalk, this may be incorrect and you'll have to edit it now.

Suppers Ready
30th Jul 2007, 19:47
Hi green granite

I've done all that :(

I'm now baffled........

SR

green granite
30th Jul 2007, 20:04
Oh dear. The only other thing I can suggest is you send an email to tech support and see what they can come up with.

Suppers Ready
30th Jul 2007, 20:55
LAst time I did that they told me to reinstall cakewalk. Lost a few months hard work.
Maybe I'm not destined for stardom :)

Cheers

SR

jason_slf
30th Jul 2007, 21:37
Just a thought, (I'm not familiar at all with this program) but if you have an NTFS partition is may be worth checking the permissions on the Data Directory are set to allow you write access. You may be getting this error if you only have read (or less) permissions.

hope this helps....