PDA

View Full Version : Vnukovo on 25.7?

the sound
27th Jul 2007, 20:40
Hi guys,

I´m new on the forum and please correct me if there already is a thread on this.

We were going to moscow (vno) on wednesday night around 19:00lt and had to divert to domodedovo because ATC told us apt closed for "techical reason". Later we heard that a Sky Express 737 had overrun the runway(?) or something similar..

Anyone have info on this? google could not give me the answer..

transilvana
27th Jul 2007, 21:10
You are right, a 737 overun the runway due to a problem similar as the one in Brasil with the A320 TAM.

If you land on 24 there is an downslope almost on the middle of the runway, water acummulates at the end of this slope. There was some thunderstorm over VKO and the 737 suffered aquaplanning.

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Jul 2007, 04:18
Is the explanation for ALL unusual events, and often the usual events.

If Putin is in the air, then the airport is colsed for technical reasons.

If a thermo nuclear device has exploded it would be technical reasons.

Assuming the 737 was in the right place at the right time, then there is plenty of runway, even with the down hill slope.

Perhaps they were planning to roll to end, delayed braking, and then hit the water, then aquaplaned then they would be sitting just off the runway, or even off the side.

Or

Perhaps they landed long, (not Moscow regulars, and aware of the "differences").

If they were high on the slope, Tower would normally instructed a GA. Tower would not see the "fast".

I prefer landing 24 as it is great for NO taxi time, (TO on 06), but am well aware of the slope: normally land normal position, decelerate, test brakes early, and have almost NO forward speed, on last 1/4 of runway.

But the enire Moscow experience is a trap, all regulars are aware of the little diferences that add up to the Moscow experience.

There is a case for FSI, and CAE to have a Moscow expereince in the sim, before the real thing.

Glf