PDA

View Full Version : Flight Engineers jobs.

Lasham Geezer
27th Jul 2007, 20:15
Righto me old heartys, whats the deal with TNT and DHL as far as Flight Engineers terms and conditions and how long do they envisage keeping the B4's? Ive heard lots of goss but whats the kosher S.P?

freightdoggy dog
27th Jul 2007, 21:29
Oi Geezer, you avin a giraffe!

Go lie down in a cold dark room and let the moment pass. Do not enter the darkside or pay Belgium tax!

dixi188
27th Jul 2007, 22:21
I'm giving up the spanners and stamp and joining EAT next month. 18 months out of the seat but back in the sim a few weeks ago and every thing was just where I left it!
5000 hours gets 70000 Euros. After tax and social security leaves 45000 Euros Net per annum. Per diem expenses should be 600 - 800 per month.
I was told at interview that the A300-B4 leases were being renewed for 8 years and Avionic upgrades were going to be done.
Hope this helps mate.
If you're ex channel you know who I am. Give me a call, I've lost JD's list so don't have the contacts.

freightdoggy dog
28th Jul 2007, 21:23
Dixie,

PM me,

I have JDs list sitting on my desk in Stansted. I bumped into Selwood at LGW last month and he gets his lump offshore!

Remember only fools and horses work....how many has er in doors got now !

Flying Mechanic
30th Jul 2007, 09:00
an 747 F/E's out there, Jett 8 in singapore is looking , they have one 747-200 now and 5 more coming, all ex ANA....so in good nick!

Lasham Geezer
31st Jul 2007, 18:13
45000 Euros, :eek: l wouldn't get out of bed for that! Tie me to a tree and call me Brenda if you like, but to get my life totally f***ed up by working nights again AND live in Brussels they'd have to pay some proper wonga. What are the Orange mob paying? Any roads up, l hope you enjoy it Richy and don't let the Mcloughlin Mafia give you a hard time! (evening Nick, Dicky!) I'll keep the day job and the wedge ta. Tasty and Hodge podge say howdy.

:ok:

despegue
31st Jul 2007, 19:10
TNT are having trouble crewing their B4's and Air Contractors have asked if TNT is interested in taking over their A300's on a wet-lease basis.

In general, expect TNT salaries to be comparable or even less than with EAT.

Clarence Oveur
4th Aug 2007, 00:03
You seem somewhat confused Despeque. At TNT Airways the A300 have the crews required. If you are referring to the Parc ads, then that is purely an effort to expand the charter side of the business. As for salary, I am led to believe that those who left EAT for TNT have had quite a substantial increase in disposable income.

In fact TNT seems to be offering the best contract in Belgium.

PosClimb
4th Aug 2007, 06:22
Are all the jobs mentioned above for PFE's only?

Or are these SO positions that non mechanics can fill?

I wouldn't mind being an SO on an old classic.

ABUKABOY
4th Aug 2007, 12:20
To echo Clarence Oveur (#8), TNT rather cleverly insured against not being able to keep the F/E's seat filled on the A300 by instigating a "cadet" programme, whereby young low-houred non-TNT pilots were trained-up to be full F/E's, and were promised F/O positions, F.O.C., usually also on the A300, after a period served on the panel. This idea was greeted with apprehension by many, as the TNT A300 cockpit modus operandi relies heavily on the F/E, but almost without exception has surprised everyone with it's resounding success.
So, IMHO, best contract and best supportive company culture in Belgium, and a £$%&^*- sight better than a lot outside Belgium too!

haltonapp
11th Aug 2007, 16:04
If you don't need to work, then no sane person would do night cargo, however some of us have to support ourselves, and any job is better than being unemployed, I was most grateful when made redundant by HeavyLift to be offered a FE position by EAT. It can't be that bad I was enjoying a beer recently with D MCL, and he is still smiling! I do envy those who do not need to get out of bed in the morning, then again perhaps not!

freightdoggy dog
13th Aug 2007, 14:32
Just 1 beer with D Mcl , shurely not...

I wud smile too on his pension..top bloke, he lives just down the road from me.

Dixi188, the A300 Channex freightdogs contact list is in the post snail mail to summerzet for you.

I certainly miss the peeps but not the long nites....Jeez Im almost normal now working days!

Im having a sherbet with Wah Wah Warman on Wedsnesday ,I'll send him your rgds

stevef
14th Aug 2007, 05:06
Ask Wah to check his PMs too, please, freight.
Ta!
Steve.

freightdoggy dog
14th Aug 2007, 06:43
Will do Stevie,

you know how much Wah loves old technology, props over jets, betamax over dvd...amstrad cpc over intel duo core...land rovers over shoguns...

it just takes him a while to reply to e-mails...deffo a case of the pen is mightier than the spanner with wah wah !

Lasham Geezer
16th Aug 2007, 22:06
Oi Doggy l resemble that remark! this interweb thing is a mere flash in the pan, you'll see!. I did my module three exam to unrestrict my Part-66 and the CAA obviously think its still 1953 as l had five questions on carbon pile regulators! So, Halton app your'e ex Heavylift as well then. Were you one of the Belfast Gods? I was an F/E on the Gup. As for not getting out of bed for DHL money if you read all the posting you'd understand what l mean. So, l take it theres no Exec A300's with nubile hosties looking for Adonis FE's then? There loss, there loss! Steve, when l figure out how to get my messages l'll drop you a line.

Chin,chin!:}

WpaceIII
17th Aug 2007, 14:57
Sent me some info. and contact number.....Thanks Walt

layinlow
17th Aug 2007, 15:17
Walt
e mail me: [email protected]

coopervane
17th Aug 2007, 17:51
I loved DHL freight with ACL on the 727.

Tried forever to get past Inge Van Betts to get a seat on the bus but to no avail.

If the chance came again I would take it.

Coop & Bear:D

ABUKABOY
22nd Aug 2007, 10:03
You lot could do a hell of a lot worse than TNT, and I speak from experience.