PDA

View Full Version : CL604

FL540
27th Jul 2007, 20:07
Hi there!

I'm going to Montreal for a CL604 type rating in september. Any nice hotels, restaurants, strip clubs etc. close to training center? :}

Cheers,
FL540

galaxy flyer
27th Jul 2007, 22:33
After changing your name to FL410.......:rolleyes:

Chateau Champlain Marriott in downtown or Springhill Suites Marriott in Old Port. If at Dorval... Hilton Apt.

Lots of restaurants downtown esp. the Old Port area.

If at airport, pretty bleak unless you go to Lachine along the river.

GF

Silverspoonaviator
28th Jul 2007, 04:22
Very close to airport, and terminal traffic.

Too much noise for me, but there is a gentlemans club on the road towards the facility....LHS.

New name should be FL410_M.74

ssa

exitfirstright
28th Jul 2007, 12:04
Best is the Sofitel. Close the 'action'. Food good all round the city. Stay away from the airport just so dull.

LRdriver II
28th Jul 2007, 16:05
Hang on..you are doing an initial, so you wont have any time for all that sight seeing touristy stuff... You will be spending your time studying or in the FTD and in class/sim. So if you really want to spend 45min in rush hour traffic getting from downtown to the center, and waste precious sleep/ study time then by all means stay downtown. Yes the airport area sucks but get a rental car and go downtown the once or twice you think you have the time.

Flintstone
28th Jul 2007, 19:07
M.74
Yours must be borked. Mine does M.84.:p

StressFree
29th Jul 2007, 08:00
Hey Flinty you're right, so does mine.........:suspect:

boostsnare
29th Jul 2007, 12:17
Hi,

After your studies suggest you to go to "Chez Paré".
Really nice location:)

cheers.

max.aret
29th Jul 2007, 14:40
M.74 at FL410? Must be a Hawker then. :)

specialbrew
29th Jul 2007, 17:55
Wanda's;):ok:

Flintstone
29th Jul 2007, 19:42
M.74 at FL410? Must be a Hawker then.

T'was a proper Challenger that you can lie in (double) bed and watch telly and everything in. We had popcorn from the microwave and dinner in the oven.

You'd have loved it :E

CelticTech
30th Jul 2007, 19:19
Down town action good but very expensive and you will soon get fed up of the tourist scene.:bored:

West Island of Montreal has plenty to offer with some great venues and lots of hotels close to the training centre.:ok:

Irish Pubs and Ex-pat hang outs like Kellys, McKibbins and Bourbon Street west, then there is 'The Source' on Blvd Hymus, I'll leave you to work that place out!:E
The 'Firm' is a night/dance club, good crowd, and then there is Friday night at Clints Bar in Pointe Claire or even Marlows if you can handle the posers.

On the weekend St. Anne de Bellevue is all outdoor drinking and eating and boating heaven at the lock gates.
I wish you an enjoyable stay in Montreal and September is a great month to be here.

FL540
18th Aug 2007, 15:21
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward... :cool: :)

SF-PSP
1st Sep 2007, 14:26
We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Old Montreal. Great breakfast included. Onsite laundry facilities. Valet parking has your car up and ready to go within minutes. Don't miss Gibby's steak house (within walking distance). Among the best steaks I've ever eaten. The Keg is within 1 minute walk and is also good.

My experiences at the Chateaux Champlain Marriott and parking have been iffy. They "lost" our car one time and it took over an hour to re-locate it. Plenty of restaurants to choose from downtown.

The disadvantage of the downtown hotels is the drive. We scheduled ourselves in the FTD in the evening whenever we could and by the time we were out, the traffic was managable. Usually about a 20-25 minute drive. The longest it ever took during our 3-week stay was 45 minutes. After we were done, we questioned if the time spent driving could have been better spent studying. It did provide a bit of a break and a time to think though.

Everything is expensive downtown on St. Catherine St. (including clubs). Great to go for "sightseeing" though.

If you want to stay closer to the training center, try the Hilton Garden. It's right across the street.

Silverspoonaviator
1st Sep 2007, 17:11
Hawker .74 Cl .84 Cx .94 (ish)...

Long delay, stuck in hold..........ssa

Global Warrior
1st Sep 2007, 20:59
M0.84 at 410 in a 604???????

Only Just before TOD......... At TOD.......... or Just after TOD...........with no more than 3000lbs of fuel!!!! (and certainly not in UK aircraft as MMO .83)

As you are on an initial, save some company bucks, stay at the Hilton garden and go downtown to play when you have time.......... ans then do youeself a HUGE favour........... try to get your recurrent cycle to take place in June to August as that is the the time to be in YUL.

Enjoy

GW

ICT_SLB
2nd Sep 2007, 02:07
Quality Inn Suites on the TCAN at St. John's (St. Jean) is within literal staggering distance of quite a few good restaurants & pubs. Free breakfast & easy to get to CAE especially at the time you're likely to want to go <g>.

Back in the good old Canadair Training days, the company end-of-course club was, to quote an Obergefreiter at the Flugbereitschaft with a BIG smile on his face, "Aerobar". Still there - the pink palace at 55th & Cote de Liesse - 1/2 mile west of CAE.