PDA

View Full Version : Far from SAA

Captain Pheremone
23rd Jul 2000, 12:22
Greetings from Malaysia (But still a boerseun)!!! Covering a well worn topic on every forum concerned with aviation is employment. I am presently working for a private company in the Far East (non-airline) and would appreciate some already employed SAA FO or higher sitting around with time on his/her hands to let me know if anything is happening re the advert for pilot selection which was obviously answered by Tom, Dick, Harry and all their friends.

Is SAA taking pilots in order of Total hours/ATP, Twin Hours, only young, only old etc etc etc.

It would be nice to hear something. Please!!

The Guvnor
23rd Jul 2000, 18:13
I'd say that unless you are a Previously Disadvantaged Individual (= anyone except boereseune) then you've got nix chance, boet!

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

The Actuator
23rd Jul 2000, 23:09
Plenty happening. Class of 16 just hired for 1 August. Still interviewing and selecting in order of hours. Minimums around this time seem to be about 4000.
Hope this helps.

Captain Pheremone
24th Jul 2000, 09:18
Ta Guvnor and Actuator for the info. Even the Malaysian sun ain't gonna make me any more tanned than I am right now. Only hope left is Total Time 4500 but Multi is a bit low.

Will keep hoping and working.

Skybiter
24th Jul 2000, 20:34
Hey, Capt Phero can I have your job?

------------------
You know you've done a wheels up when you require reheat to taxi.