PDA

View Full Version : Crew Shortage ?? What Crew Shortage ??

sizematters
27th Jul 2007, 12:54
KA cancelled one in four of their Freighter services for the week due to a combination of technical and crewing problems

Alpha_India
27th Jul 2007, 17:01
There probably ainīt enough "boxheads" hired to fly them ?! :}

Fly747
28th Jul 2007, 08:41
From SCMP:
In terms of numbers, Cathay's basic target for this year is to take on about 1,500 recruits, including 930 cabin crew, 250 cockpit crew and
350 airport and office staff.
Plus 90 for KA and 160 for Oasis makes a nice round figure of 500 pilots wanted in HKG over the next year!

Nullaman
28th Jul 2007, 14:30
makes a nice round figure of 500 pilots wanted in HKG over the next year!

Don't forget the replacements for those heading off for pastures new

spannersatcx
28th Jul 2007, 14:33
No more Engineers mind, still we can cope with less staff, more flights, more disruption, less money, low morale, poor management, why?

Cripple 7
3rd Aug 2007, 03:11
I am working 23% harder! Less O/T pay. :oh:

HKG Phooey
4th Aug 2007, 03:57
KA problems are caused by "the quick fix"

They solve problems on a minute by minute basis, not looking to see how it will affect the program in 2 minutes never mind hours or days. Then all they do is try to plug the gaps. So far this summer they have been blessed, NO lucky, that the WX have been so good to them. No Typhoons, although there is a memo 4-5 pages long explaining the intricacies of getting to work in a Typhoon and if you dont your :mad:ed.

So bring on the WX I say and see how things are then. It needs to hurt them while we have the bargaining power...

Hellenic aviator
11th Nov 2007, 17:25
Surely they can't be that short of Crews....I have a few mates that applied over a year ago, all of them are flying regional jets, when I went to check on their status in Recruitment, I was told, "tell him to get more hours" by the local girl.
If they have the arrogance to tell guys with 3000 hours plus to get more hours, surely they can't be that short. :rolleyes:
Unless ofcourse 'the left hand doesn't know what the :mad: the right hand is doing' :=