PDA

View Full Version : African Star?

Banoi
20th Jul 2000, 14:19
I've been out of touch for a while. What is news of African Star? A fallen Star?

Vauxhall Cross
21st Jul 2000, 02:28
Its a Dead Star - the amount of info the UK govt has on this guy means that he'll never get in: no matter what licences he may (or may not) have.

[This message has been edited by Vauxhall Cross (edited 20 July 2000).]

The Guvnor
21st Jul 2000, 02:35
Given the recent developments with such iffy operators as Air Gulf in CPT - which wanted to operate TU154s, nogal!! - and our mate Trevor, I'd say that Ben Kirama's done a big-time runner - probably with someone's cash.

Latest news I had from JNB was that the offices were padlocked and no-one had been paid.

Remember Phoenix and the Gain brothers??? :) :)

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

Goldfish Jack
23rd Jul 2000, 10:58
Phoenix, African Star, Safari air, Gulf Air and that other operator that wants to fly from the Caribbean to Cape Town (name Anyone? - saw it in one of the aviation mags and can't even remember its name!!)...... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Where would we be without rumours?? ;)

I feel sorry for the people these types give false hopes to, promising them jobs and delivering nothing. :mad:

These people are giving aviation a bad name down here and something ought to be done about them, but what....

It makes it harder for the credible operators to continue to provide a service, as they invariably get lumped into the same boat by the ignorant press we have down here.