PDA

View Full Version : Licence conversion

Matthijs Meijers
3rd Jan 2001, 20:05
Hi everybody,

Just a question: Is there anyone who has experience with converting Canadian licences (CPL) into an African one? I assume this really depends on the country involved, but I'm planning to get my commercial licence in Canada, and then, with some extra hours, try my luck in Africa (Botswana e.g.). Is there anyone who can shed some light on this? Thanks!

Engineer
5th Jan 2001, 19:01
A west African licence was issued based on my UK licence at a cost of $50 But I was working for an Africian based company at the time. Initially issued with a validation which appears to be the norm. After spending four and a half years flying for an African company hope you have the fortitude to succeed there Suggest you look at this thread for more info on pros/cons of working there
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum26/HTML/000319.html

Good luck

Flying_Steph
5th Jan 2001, 19:46
Based on my FAA licence, I got a licence from the GCAA (Ghana) for something like 60 USD. Didn't ask any questions, but made copies of every piece of paper I had with me from my training records. Received the GCAA paper the same day, but we had to gently push them.

Engineer, haven't you flown down there also ???

Irish
5th Jan 2001, 19:55
Mate

Converting any Com is easy in Botswana. Any valid com is valid here - Just make sure your medical is valid and get a Cessna 206 on your license as it will save you an exam. It's just an air law exam, followed by 50 hours of right seat and your off.
Its a excellent place for flying and beers but very slack on the women front!

Good Luck

Jap/Oz
11th Jan 2001, 14:20
I know that I got here a bit too late, but does anyone know about Oz CPL&CIR conversion/validation to African (Bots, Kenya, SA, Zim etc) ones?