PDA

View Full Version : Excel - logbook hours

Cremeegg
26th Jul 2007, 18:19
How do I get Excel to add up hours and minutes beyond 23:59?. Anything more than that and it turns it into days as well. If I format the cells into HH:MM:SS it seems to work fine but I don't want a series of 00 seconds clogging up the logbook.

Can't find anything in help but I'm sure PPRUNE knows the answer.

Thanks in anticipation

BOAC
26th Jul 2007, 18:55
It does and you can find it:ugh:

BOAC
26th Jul 2007, 20:26
Absolutely right, ASFKAP, but you missed the other 26 threads on this very question in this very forum dating back to 6 Sep 2001.:ugh:

We provide a server-intensive valuable 'Search' function to enable 'Search'

Cremeegg
26th Jul 2007, 20:46
BOAC - I'm disappointed by your response. Yes - there are many threads but if you didn't know that you could enter your own custom fields such as [h]:mm (as I didn't until a few minutes ago) then the previous thread that I had read recently and re-read before posting today is no help at all.

If my question was so dumb why wasn't the one posted earlier today about footers in Word greeted with such similar sarcasm from you? Even though the answer was clearly within Word Help I was still happy to answer and help; although beaten to it by a speedier typist

ASFKAP - thanks for your more helpful response - keeping up the traditions of PPRUNE.