PDA

View Full Version : Job Situation in Italy

Fulkrum
26th Jul 2007, 17:08
Greetings to all:

Just wanted to inquire about the current pilot job situation in italy, what licenses are needed with number of hours, also if you all could tell me what citinzenship is required, any relevant information you could provide me will be appreciated.

Ciao!!! to all and Buona Fortuna!!!!!

N-757PJ
26th Jul 2007, 21:38
I has been away for a while, but I have heard the same stories from my colleagues.

The sound is not really good about open vacancies for young pilots, unless they pay for type and line training on their own expensive. More chances for expirienced senior officers and captains.

-With regards to the majors... we had ONE, but no any one knows and guarantees for her next future which is looking to come so soon (Alitalia)!

-With regards to the airlines...You might need of JAA license (CPL/IR + Frozen ATPL), You might need to be rated on a popular liner such as B737 or A320, You might need of 500 hours on type, You might need to have the right to live in EU.

I say “might” because sometime, for someone with an easy way, it is different. By the way, that's my opinion!

-With regards to the biz jet ...as above and even worst!

Good luck and keep us informed about your chances and welcome to us into our wonderful Country!!!

Cheers guy.

EAM
27th Jul 2007, 08:23
You need to have the right to live and work in the EU and you need a JAR-FCL Licence, otherwise your chances are close to zero, this goes for all EU countries.

Fulkrum
27th Jul 2007, 15:53
Thank you for your reply, I'll keep that in mind, I'm currently 35 Y.O. and have experience with regional airlines, hold a type rating on a turboprop and I'm in the neighborhood of about 2500 hours, sadly I must leave the U.S. in a few months, the reasons are too many to list.

Thank you all.

liftman
27th Jul 2007, 16:04
...Hi Fulcrum, my personal opinion is to stay well away from Italy...

working conditions now are simply terrible: low pay, a lot of flight and duty time, no respect for individual etc etc....

most of the companies have financial problems, possibly two or three of them out of the market in few months....

Due to silly selections, quality of Cpt and pilots is becoming lower and lower, training standards are simply ridiculous.....

A lot of the italian pilots ( expecially the best one) really thinking and tryiing to go abroad...

If you have turboprop experience try to approach some European regional, much much better.

All the best