PDA

View Full Version : Lido flightplanning

744rules
26th Jul 2007, 15:52
I have a small request. Sometimes we need a max payload for a flight we know that will be payload restricted (due to maxtow/rtow) so we can optimize the load.
The way we work now is to send them a EZFW and dispatch produces a flightplan based on that weight. For heavy flights we give them 288T, to make sure we get the max payload.

My question now is to know if it is realy that difficult to give a max payload/zfw. I remember that on a earlier system there was a keyword /maxp/, that would give you just the fuelcalculation, the route, and the required weights.

Schibulsky
26th Jul 2007, 16:27
I dont really understand your problem. Just calculate with the max ZFW and LIDO gives you either the plan with that weight or LIDO will automatically reduces the load to max possble load.

744rules
26th Jul 2007, 16:58
Thanks for your reply. That's what I figured, but the flight-planning guys make it sound as if it's impossible.

Rgds

744rules

Icarus
29th Jul 2007, 17:52
Instead of asking for maxp why not ask them for a redispatch flight plan and make them earn their keep. Probably half of 'em wouldn't have clue by the sounds of it!

merlinxx
31st Jul 2007, 00:26
You've got to teach them what a "rerelease or redispatch" plan is in the first place!!!!!!!!

ralle72
3rd Aug 2007, 00:40
yeah, the good ol´reclearance or decision point procedure :)
in some companies even used only to save fuel...:* although not needed!

+200 No Flags
10th Aug 2007, 13:13
The reason for which flightplans are calculated based on the EZFW rather than max payload is simply a matter of economics, and possibly company policy.

A flightplan optimised for max ZFW but with an actual ZFW well under the max will result in taking more fuel than is required and thus decrease profitability.

CliqClaq
11th Aug 2007, 05:50
Hi, I posted a question in the Tech Log but got didn't get a definitive reply, perhaps I may get better luck on this thread. We use LIDO flight plan. On the back page we have Wind direction/Speed/Turbulence. Does anyone know how the turbulence factor relates to turbulence definitions? ie light = x, moderate = y.

Thanks

mutt
12th Aug 2007, 18:00
Any comments on the LIDO system? One of the leading aviation organizations appears to be suggesting to airlines that they replace Jeppesen with LIDO, they are careful not to put this in writing, but in their discussions they really are blunt !

So what do you think, Jeppesen or LIDO?

Mutt

sandokan
14th Aug 2007, 19:25
So what do you think, Jeppesen or LIDO?

Dear mutt,

sorry but its not that easy.
Search the Forum and you will see it was discussed before.....

What do you need,how much you like to spend,what did you like to get out of it.
Lot of things to check out before the final decision.

Our company had changed the system 2 years ago.
We had checked LIDO,Jeppesen and EDS.

LIDO could not meet us at all.
They weren`t at all in the position to handle a mixed OPS BizJet & Airliner.
They had the highest price tag.

Jepp wasn`t working well as well.
The Situation with LIDO and Jepp was really surprising for us.

In the end we teamed up with EDS.
They work hard to get there foot in the BizJet sector.

For the time beeing it was the perfect system for us and still is.
Even we have our issues here and there as well,
we don`t like to change and are happy with our decision.
Price Tag? right in the middle between LIDO and Jepp.

greetz
AJ

boredcounter
14th Aug 2007, 20:15
Not too sure how LIDO defines this, but FAA, if memory serves right:

Vertical Wind Shear:

@/+ 6 kts/1000' = moderate
@/+ 10 kts/1000' = severe

Horizontal Wind Shear

@/+ 18kts/150 nm = moderate
@/+ 40kts/150 nm = severe

Hope that helps

Bored

mutt
15th Aug 2007, 13:25
Sandokan

They weren`t at all in the position to handle a mixed OPS BizJet & Airliner

This is interesting as we are looking at operating 4 airlines types under the same umbrella, LIDO are quite happy that their system is capable of operating multiple fleets.

What makes you think otherwise?

Mutt

sandokan
16th Aug 2007, 21:53
@Mutt

They couldn`t provide us with test flight plans due to problems with integrating BizJet Performance figures in their system.
Even Jepp reached that goal.
So LIDO was an early drop-out in the test phase.
We could not calculate one OFP for Challenger 604 and Global Express.
This was in late 2005.Maybe some has changed since then.
Don`t know about this.
We integrated our new system in early 2006.

greetz
AJ

mutt
17th Aug 2007, 07:12
Thanks for the heads up, we have them visiting this week.... will be interesting to see if they can load data for Gulfstreams / Falcons and C130s :)

Mutt

Broomstick Flier
17th Aug 2007, 18:09
@Mutt,

Have you seen Skyplan Canada offerings? (www.skyplan.com)
We dispatch a fleet of 20+ different bizjet types and their list of available types is extensive.

Send me an PM if you need further insights

Cheers
BF

Slow Progress
15th Jan 2017, 21:59
Is it possible for LIDO to produce a flight plan with a given payload even if the actual fuel required is more than the tank capacity?

There is an argument in our company at the moment as the flight plans reduce the payload to give max fuel, sometimes in the region of 4000kgs however some Captains suggest if they carried the extra 4000kgs as payload the resultant extra trip fuel would be approx 150kgs per tonne (600kgs). Hard to really explain but I would have thought then we could reclear and reduce that burn to enable the flight to operate without a fuel stop.

hawkesmikey
27th Jan 2017, 00:22
so has no one considered Airdata, or PPS?

JDanielz
10th Feb 2017, 12:49
so has no one considered Airdata, or PPS?
Not sure about Airdata, but I think PPS was not even born yet in 2007 :)

FLTDSP
4th Mar 2017, 08:05
Hello,
I have not use LIDO systems but happy with Jetplanner. If the Database is correctly generated for the aircraft type, there should not be many problems with the flight planning

Yuri Nadezhdin
11th Mar 2017, 21:58
I'm working in dispatch center (fcg.earo) that provides flight support for bizjets, we are working with PPS, Jetplanner and with ARINC, as per my opinion the best one for route planning is Jetplanner, ARINC is also great , but to be honest PPS looks like Windows 98 on theirs background