PDA

View Full Version : GF new Leave & Roster Request rules

jbsig
26th Jul 2007, 10:50
New rules:

We will be planning the leave breakdown as follows:

1 full 28 day leave slot from the 1st of the month to the 28th of the month or
4 x 7 day leave slots to be applied as per your requests. Starting on the 1st to 7th, 8th to the 14th , 15th to the 21st, or 22nd to the 28th of each month.
In addition 8 – 1 day LV days can be requested throughout the year to add to ROFF days.
2 alternate requests will be accepted for each available leave slot. Please use all the choices. This will help you and Planning when assigning LV.
Exception- Ramadan. A crew member may apply for only 14 days during this period.What the hell is going on in GF ? Are they really trying to get rid of all of us as soon as possible ?
28 + 8 is 36 days of leave, my contract says 52 days of leave per year, where did the other 16 go ?

As for the roster requests, there is now a limitation of maximum 3 ROFF days in a block.

This is just too much, gonna spend an awful lot of time in the clinic for my remaining days here

ironbutt57
26th Jul 2007, 10:54
1x28 plus 4x7=28 so that equals 56 to me...:confused::confused:

jbsig
26th Jul 2007, 11:06
Read again IB :

1 full 28 day leave slot from the 1st of the month to the 28th of the month or
4 x 7 day leave slots to be applied as per your requests. Starting on the 1st to 7th, 8th to the 14th , 15th to the 21st, or 22nd to the 28th of each month.

ironbutt57
26th Jul 2007, 11:12
Mmmmmmmmmmm so I stand corrected...so looks like we get 28 days or 4 "week" periods then the rest strewed about the calendar year:=....must investigate:uhoh:

jbsig
26th Jul 2007, 11:20
That's right, and also note that "the rest" is only 8 days, so 8+28=36 days

Dixons Cider
26th Jul 2007, 11:40
36 days? Based on that I suspect the above might apply to cabin crew only.

Relax boys.

In saying that, maybe theres a re hash in the pipeline for the distribution of FD leave also.

jackbauer
26th Jul 2007, 11:44
Yeah it does look like it is for Cabin Crew not pilots.

NO FD NO SRS
26th Jul 2007, 12:11
ya they sent us cabin crew system either by mistake or intentionally so we appreciate what we got in comparison.

jbsig
26th Jul 2007, 12:13
Then why was it sent to all Flight Crew webmail, fleet administrators and everybody else who is involved in flight deck planning.

Let's hope it's the usual "finger trouble" of the GF office people

jimmyhagendas
26th Jul 2007, 15:27
Another great move by GF to get rid of Crew...
16 BD tax and less time away on the blocks,low dollar and now this.
Whats next ?

I am so happy to leave this joint.

Panama Jack
26th Jul 2007, 15:48
Yeah, the memo also stopped my heart.

I remember asking management if the number of leave days per year will be reduced as part of the new compensation package. The response was that they would not be touching leave days . . . whew!

Dessert Aviator
26th Jul 2007, 19:31
I phoned the fleet office this afternoon no one there but the secretary but she assured me the two leave slots for next year are untouched, just standard GF finger trouble when issuing memos.:sad:

tmax
26th Jul 2007, 22:16
read it again guys:eek: it is for (csm,cs,fa...)

ironbutt57
26th Jul 2007, 23:16
It is for Cabin Crew confirmed....but if you read the very top line Tmax..it says ALL crew....

tmax
26th Jul 2007, 23:44
To all Crew

SUBJECT: 2008 ANNUAL LEAVE AND ROSTER REQUESTS

1. 2008 Annual Leave

The Planning Department will be issuing the Leave slots for all of 2008. The effective dates will include January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008. This will be defined per category (CSM, CS, FA etc) on a per month basis.

We will be planning the leave breakdown as follows:

• 1 full 28 day leave slot from the 1st of the month to the 28th of the month or
• 4 x 7 day leave slots to be applied as per your requests. Starting on the 1st to 7th, 8th to the 14th , 15th to the 21st, or 22nd to the 28th of each month.
• In addition 8 – 1 day LV days can be requested throughout the year to add to ROFF days.
• 2 alternate requests will be accepted for each available leave slot. Please use all the choices. This will help you and Planning when assigning LV.
• Exception- Ramadan. A crew member may apply for only 14 days during this period.

Process:

Each Crew Member will be assigned Leave for 2008.

Each Crew Member must communicate their request through AIMS to verify authenticity. Please use your choices!

Each Crew Member will be allotted 30 days to construct their Leave requests.

The Planning Department will assign leave, as per the requests. Please note: There will be certain months that will be filled and no more leave will be given.
Please provide alternate choices.

Your personal Leave applications will be accepted from the 15th of August 2007. (Open)

The Leave application will be collected electronically (AIMS) by 15th of September 2007. (Close)

The Leave Award for 2008 will be distributed by November 01/2007.

No leave cancellations will be permitted once allocated. A crewmember may swap with another crew in the same category. Both crewmembers must have the Leave Balance in their bank to swap Leave slots.

Leave Allocation will be awarded by Seniority. Those who were not awarded Leave during Ramadan will be considered first for that time period if requested.

There will be additional Leave rostered in 2008 for those individuals who have backlog (previous years’) Leave.

**If a crew member does not apply for Leave in 2008, Leave will be automatically assigned.**

2. Roster Requests

Types of Request:

Monthly:

Only one of the below mentioned requests are allowed on a monthly basis.

1- Days off: Crew may request consecutive days off, a maximum of 3 ROFF days. A request for any additional days beyond the 3 ROFF days will be a leave days (RLV) and will be deducted from the leave balance.

2- Destination: Crew can request a destination either on a specific date or a general request for that destination. Due to the limited number of desirable destinations, they will be allocated by seniority first, and frequency of the same request granted second. For Example if a crew member requests a maximum rest MNL, and the more senior crew had the same request approved the previous month, due to the limited number of such blocks, the block will be assigned to the junior crew in order to facilitate an equal and fair distribution of requested blocks.

3- Day Trips: Crew can request day trips for the duration of the month.

Alternate months:

Buddy Flying: Crew can request to fly together for a roster (50-75 % of the roster). No destinations can be specified when requesting to fly together. Both involved crew must make the request to fly together if the request is to be approved.

Crew may not request to fly the entire roster with Flight Deck (only single blocks). If your request to fly together is granted, in the coming month you may only request one of the above monthly requests (days off, destination, and day trips) for the next month.