PDA

View Full Version : BA 747 Crew attacked by Kenyan passenger

V1 Rotate
29th Dec 2000, 19:33
BA 747 enroute from London to Nairobi was involved in an incident where the crew were attacked by an "enraged Kenyan passenger".
BA spokesman on BBC World News said "All BA crews are specially trained to deal with such incidents"!
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
V1 Rotate

roo 2
30th Dec 2000, 06:13
i'm not surprised by the passenger attacking BA crew.I took a flight in 96 to Kenya from London.We had an emergency landing in Milan(Italy).We're we were kept on the aircraft for 6hrs,then flown to Roma.Where we had to disenbark and find our own way to a hotel then return 18 hrs later to try and reboard the aircraft.But we where made you wait another 13 hrs once there.Once we arrived at Nairobi we where made to wait another 4 hrs for our luggage.During the whole event we had to keep guessing what the next stage of the whole debarkel would be as we where not informed of what was going on.Will never fly the bastards again,thank you BA for showing me who is not the world's favorite airline.Even had a BA staff member on board(on staff trvel)saying that this would not have been the treatment we would have received if it was a US bound flight.The aircraft was a 25 yr old classic 747, which apperrently is forever having problems. Not justifying the madmans behaviour,just pointing out how **** BA is.

[This message has been edited by roo 2 (edited 04 January 2001).]

PPRuNe Radar
30th Dec 2000, 14:01
Terrible service I agree Roo 2. But that gives someone the justification to attack BA staff ?? :rolleyes:

I think not http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

B Sousa
30th Dec 2000, 17:48
OK, one for the opposite side. I travelled BA from London to Joberg, Business Class in a 747-400. It was probably the best flight I have ever been on. Service was excellent. Also back to London with transfer to an American Carrier home, again outstanding. It was certainly better than First Class Service on SAA.

B Sousa
30th Dec 2000, 17:57
I got carried away and off the point. As to the Attack, it would be justifiable to terminate a passenger with the actions described. My hat goes off to the crew for their action....
Not even being there scrares the hell out of me, I can imagine being onboard