PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Mins at Indigo?

Albotross
25th Jul 2007, 20:38
What tpye of hours do we need????

Do to the shortage of Pilots..I hear the Civil Aviation has lowered the PIC on Aircraft to 100 PIC?`requested by the airlines.

Any info& ideas and words?
Thanks guys

metro301
26th Jul 2007, 11:40
I also heard this was true for JET from a friend of mine working in India.

I haven't been able to find anything in writing.

Albotross
26th Jul 2007, 12:29
A captain told me this from India.....Just trying to see if for all airlines..which would make sence....help with some info guys..Thanks everyone.

MatchaLover
26th Jul 2007, 23:27
For PICs/DECs IndiGO, Jet, Kingfisher seem to be lowering but I'm guessing will with stay with 300/500 PIC officially. They are all parking airplanes for lack of crews.

For the last year or two that I have been paying attention the airlines requirements have always been 500 PIC on type. The pool of available pilots with this kind of time in type has dwindled.

Now the airlines have moved on down the list to TT experience with a zero hour type rating or just TT heavy/airline/wide/121 whatever experience period.

My guess is that India will officially drop the 500 hours on type requirement within 6 months...barring any major changes to the market.

For FO positions the requirements seem to be all over the board and it is more about who you know and how much you are willing to pay for your training etc.

Good Luck!

Defenda
27th Jul 2007, 00:26
general rule for India: as a basic minimum under the DGCA's rules, to get your foreign licence validated by the DGCA:

1. if you are an FO, you need 100 hours FO on type, or 500 hours multi, or 1000 hours total plus type rating.

2. if you are a PIC, you need 100 hours PIC on type, and 2000 hours PIC (this is why foreign FOs at present cannot be upgraded, they are not allowed to fly as PIC unless they can get 100 PIC hours on type outside India).

to see the rules, go to http://www.dgca.gov.in/rules/car-ind.htm, go down to "Section 7 - Flight Crew Standards...", carry on to "Series G - ISSUE OF LICENCE AND RATING", and click on "Part II - Validation of foreign licences".

These are the minimum requirements imposed by the DGCA, and right now some airlines set both FO and PIC minimums higher, given internal standards.

Albotross
27th Jul 2007, 11:32
That was great...maybe got to wait until airlines lower there mins. Thanks again.

Burn'em and Turn'em
28th Jul 2007, 21:58
Anybody think the day will come where the FAA license will suffice even for low time guys without type? Pretty much cutting all the red tape involved in converting to a DGCA license....that may just be wishful thinking on my part :) One would think that if they in such a dire need for pilots that they would ease the process involved in converting :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh:

International Trader
29th Jul 2007, 04:34
Maybe the day will come when they take kids right out of McDonalds and give them a type rating!! This would break through the red tape of even getting a licence in the first place. The kids will work for half the money and will have a longer working life.The companies could also afford to employ a dog to bite the pilot should he attempt to switch off the auto pilot.
Flying in third world countries is not like back in the US where ATC takes care of you. Even 500 (recent hours) on type only affords you enough spare attention to look out for the many other traps.You still need enough experience to see the traps coming.
Many with far more than the minimum have come unstuck there.
The DGA gives you a validation based on the good standing of your original licence. You still fly on your original licence.The standards issues that arise from taking inexperienced pilots eventually reflects on the standing of that original licence. The FAA would have to be one, if not THE easiest to get.
Why is it that people are always trying to fast track their way somewhere and then, can't understand why the position is devalued when they get there?
:ugh::ugh: