PDA

View Full Version : Any work in Africa?

Canton Man
30th Jun 2000, 16:40
If anyone can give me some information on the work situation in Africa at present I'd appreciate it.

I'm a 350hr CAA Frozen ATPL/IR holder with an Instructors rating as well. I'm looking for absolutely ANY flying I can get ANYWHERE!

If you know of anything let me know, it has to be better than here in the UK! Cheers!

Skybiter
30th Jun 2000, 17:20
C-Man

Check out the thread "Work to be had in Africa?" started by PiLoco about two weeks ago. That should tell you what you need to know.

Best of luck.

B?
1st Jul 2000, 19:45
Hi there,
why leave UK, you can contact Rossair (SA) at +27 11 7013500 if you are intrested in contract flying all over Africa from a C208 to B1900.
Enjoy!

Canton Man
2nd Jul 2000, 13:39
Cheers I'll give them a call! Have you previously worked for them or know more about them?

I'm keen to do some flying in a more 'interesting' environment than the UK!

an32
27th Jul 2000, 07:02
Be careful, Rossair have cash flow problems. You'll be selling your soul in a hole somwhere and not get paid for it. Management however enjoy the latest cars though! Best of luck...!

IB6-UB9
27th Jul 2000, 18:45
Try Air Mauritius as they have taken 20 or so new reqruits of very low experience level,,,,,straight on to the A340. U cant beat that.

Firestorm
30th Jul 2000, 16:00
Look back about 2 weeks on this thread for details of Zimex who seem to be gagging for pilots.

Avoid BenAvia though, as they have cash flow problems, and the first out going payment to be stopped seems to be the pilots....

Good luck.

Flying French Boy
31st Jul 2000, 21:48
Hi,

I'm a young (I'm 15) french student pilot, but I dream become Air Transport Pilot...

I have just a question about Air Mauritius...
I would have wished to know which pilot licences were recognized in Mauritius... Are the American licences (FAA) recognized?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my very, very bad english :)

French Flying Boy