PDA

View Full Version : Abrahams

V1 Rotate
28th Jun 2000, 23:06
Now that they have caught up with him they should sentence him to a ride in a fluffy piloted exclusively by Sali, McClean and Mombo. Nancy can be the flight attendant!
V1 Rotate.

Anon
28th Jun 2000, 23:28
And SO they will all eventually fall off the bus! Justice for all who have ruined this lovely country in the last couple of years.

Who would believe that the "pure" Abrahams was dealing out or should I say selling the exam papers - then accusing other people in his department. So much for the CAA's internal investigation.

Dullah Omar was saying on TV that the CAA was investigating the SA Police Airwing. Is that now to justify why he was arrested? I don't think that one is going to work.

[This message has been edited by Anon (edited 29 June 2000).]

Skybiter
29th Jun 2000, 00:49
I'm a little out of touch here. Please confirm Trevor Abrahams has been arrested in connection with the ATP exam fraud and not in connection with the accident and subsequent licence debacle at Rand last year.

V1 Rotate
29th Jun 2000, 06:42
It would be nice to see a full list of the names of the co-accused. I understand that 9 warrants were issued, 2 for CAA officials and 7 for holders of fake pilot licences.
Obviously 1 of the officials was Abrahams himself.
Who are the others?
V1 Rotate

Anon
29th Jun 2000, 09:12
Yes, Abrahams was involved in the licence scam and thus arrested for it. Not all the names are available at the moment.

So far the following people were arrested: Abrahams, Themba McClain, Samilo Sali, Isaac Nombo and Louis Moloma. More arrests to follow.

[This message has been edited by Anon (edited 29 June 2000).]

The Ant
29th Jun 2000, 10:16
Time to re-investigate Abrahams's incident at Rand airport a year ago. It was a baron belonging to NAC. ZS-SLW, the question is what was NAC doing letting the Commissioner fly their aircraft, was there some sort of quid pro quo going on. Surely NAC should have checked his credentials before letting him go solo on one of their aircraft?

Goldfish Jack
29th Jun 2000, 16:49
The Ant

Doesn't Graham Conlyn of NAC fame (?) sit on the CAA board.

You scratch mine and I will give you an aircraft???

Well at least we are now seeing something being done about all this terrible corruption that is giving this country such a bad name. Just like the cricket. Who else is involved up at the top?????

Maybe we can get this behind it and get the CAA sorted out and restore its name again - sounds easy but I would not want to be the new CEO - he is going to have his hands full.

I wonder what Anton Richman and his bunch have got to say about this. They must be sitting in the p**&h at the moment. How do you defend a member whom you know has broken the law and makes a mockery out of your proffession???

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

The Ant
30th Jun 2000, 12:31
The hardest thing is for ALPA-SA, this incident makes them gag. Yet constitutionally they have to defend them until they are actually found guilty.
Nontheless it is a sign of the strength of the system, that this does in fact occur. Should there be no due process then we return to detention without trail and the bad old days. The system is in place to also protect all of us should we find ourselves embroiled in something beyond our control. I believe it is important to respect and support the system. One might well need it oneself oneday.

The Ant
2nd Jul 2000, 10:32
Well I see the ex-Commissioner is out on bail! I wonder what he is up to?
As far as NAC is concerned, it seems that ol'Trev did all his conversions and local type ratings through NAC. It would seem that some questions will have to be asked.

The Ant
2nd Jul 2000, 10:51
I do believe Graham Conlyn is Chairman of the CAA board (not 100% sure though). ol'Trev did all his local conversions through NAC, on NAC aircraft!
Wrenelle Stander is standing in as Commissioner, does anybody have any experience working with her? What is she like?

BAKELA
6th Jul 2000, 18:37
The Ant,

See my post on 'Fake ATP's' about Wrenelle Stander.

Below is a copy & paste of the latest SA CAA press release to be posted on their website www.caa.co.za. (http://www.caa.co.za.) See my comments at the end of the press release.

SAPS hands back pilot licence to CAA boss
Thursday, July 6, 2000

Suspended Civil Aviation Authority CEO, Trevor Abrahams was given back his pilot licence, passport and other personal documents today, (Thursday, July 6, 2000) after the prosecutor failed to inform him of the exact contents of the charges made against him.

Mr Abrahams reported to the Commercial Crimes Court at 9:00am today. After waiting more than three hours, he was informed that most of the conditions of his bail would be dropped and his case postponed to October 2, 2000.

According to a media spokesperson for the CAA, Merle O'Brien, the CAA is pleased that Mr. Abrahams will now able to visit the offices of the CAA and communicate with its employees, provided he informs acting CEO, Wrenelle Stander, of this. Mr Abrahams is a lso able to fly as a private pilot and is free to travel locally and internationally.

A week ago, Mr Abrahams was informed that the SAPS had issued a warrant for his arrest on charges of fraud, corruption, defeating the ends of justice and contraventions relating to the Aviation Act.

After detaining Mr Abrahams for two days, the prosecutor was still unable to provide him with the exact contents of the charges made against him. On Friday, June 30, 2000, he was released on R30,000 bail and asked to appear in court this morning.

Issued by :
Riaan Malherbe, Simeka TWS Communications
Cell : 083 269 4668
On behalf of : Wrenelle Stander, Acting CEO of the Civil Aviation Authority
For further information, please contact:
Merle O'Brien Cell : 083 230 8478

NOTE : I really hope they (whoever THEY (eventually?) may be?) gets to the bottom of this iceberg as I do believe that the licensing scam is only the tip of it and constitutes only a small part of the rumoured corruption that involves (?) the SA CAA!!!! At present, this whole episode is badly hurting the SA aviation industry (Yes, I know that's stating the obvious but I had to say it as well!).