PDA

View Full Version : NZ Instructional techniques course

Inverted Flat Spin
25th Jul 2007, 00:00
Hi, does anyone here know of any Instructional techniques theory courses taking place soon, anywhere in the country? Thanks in advance.

Got the horn
25th Jul 2007, 04:16
Nelson Aviation College has one soon.
You could also try Conair http://www.conair.co.nz

devolved
25th Jul 2007, 22:38
is this the new 4 day one?

devolved
26th Jul 2007, 20:47
Nah were talking about the "instructional Techniques course" which is a course within a course, its all about ways to get points across, methods of teaching etc. I found the one i did pretty interesting, as the guy teaching it had a degree in teaching and is a PPL, so it was kinda related. I've heard some of the ones out there are boring and a waste of time.

6080ft
28th Jul 2007, 08:25
Yes is is boring and a waste of time. Why did it suddenly need to become 4 days instead of 2?

There is a lady in akl by the name of Karen Dobric who teachs it. She also 'teaches the teachers' for the uni or somewhere.

devolved
28th Jul 2007, 08:44
because CAA know whats right heheh :ugh:

5qu14t
16th Sep 2007, 21:46
At the end of the 2 days (Now 4) you normally give your own briefing on a topic of some sort. Well I did quite enjoy the brief on Circle of Death. Use of resources was excellent.

5qu14t
16th Sep 2007, 21:49
I must agree the 4 days now is way over the top. I have no idea what so ever how they will cover the extra 2 days. Just stupid if you ask me. Even the lady that takes them doesn't know what to do for the extra days.

training wheels
17th Sep 2007, 01:30
Nah were talking about the "instructional Techniques course" which is a course within a course, its all about ways to get points across, methods of teaching etc.

FP_Ace, we call it PMI (Principles and Methods of Instruction) in Oz and it runs about 4 days as well. How it's delivered varies from school to school and the exam is inhouse. (Although I think there's a CASA PMI exam for when you're upgrading to a grade 1).

zulu_kilo
17th Feb 2009, 23:59
Anyone aware of any courses in AKL up and coming?

FloRider
18th Feb 2009, 01:34
i have a friend who did one in tauranga a cupla months back. Try giving Bayflight a call. TG's only a small flight or a few hour drive away from aucks.
Flo ;)